Internal Control Self-Assessment Questionnaire
AMAS has developed this Internal Control Self-Assessment Questionnaire to assist you in evaluating whether your organization maintains satisfactory internal controls and complies with certain institutional policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. The questionnaire will also help you identify business practices that are working effectively and others that can be improved. By completing this questionnaire you will be able to:
- Assess the adequacy of existing policies and procedures and other internal controls that are designed to ensure compliance in each of the identified areas
- Be aware of certain efficiencies and cost saving opportunities based on compliance with university-wide policies and procedures
- Be aware of indicators of potentially fraudulent activities
- Be able to provide feedback to your department on improving compliance
- Identify issues that may have university-wide implications
This self-assessment can also help you prepare for an audit, should your organization be selected for a review. If you have any questions related to the items covered in the self-assessment, please contact Seth Kornetsky, the Director of Audit & Management Advisory Services at extension 7-2068 or via email at email@example.com.
Download the Self-Assessment Questionnaire.