About Me and Contact Info

dsa

My name’s Andrew Rosen, and I’m a chemical engineering student (E’15) at Tufts University. For professional information about myself, see my LinkedIn Profile.

If you see an error, whether it be spelling, grammar, or content-related, please inform me so that it can be addressed. Additionally, if you have review material you’d like me to host here, I can certainly do so and will give proper credit where it’s due.

If you wish to contact me, you can reach me at andrewscottrosen@facebook.com. This will forward your email straight to my Gmail without posting the address here, as my website is subject to spam.

Best of luck with your studies.

The material on this website and all locally hosted files are the property of Andrew Rosen unless otherwise stated. 

Website Statistics as of July 2014 (click to enlarge): Over 500,000 page views!

Website Stats

16 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Dixon Minnick
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 15:22:36

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

2. acirebutt
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 01:53:18

lol you’re so nice, andrew, putting up all of these review sheets for public use. now go make one for social psychology for me >:D

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:52:26

Oh, I’ll get right on that :P

3. Jason Cheek
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 19:47:31

Andrew,
    I am an AP Calculus and AP Statistics teacher. I think your website is great, but I do have one problem… you posted an AP Calculus AB Practice Exam from the CollegeBoard. This exam is supposed to be secure, and only AP teachers with valid AP Audit Credentials through the CollegeBoard should be able to access it. We AP teacher have very few secure resourses that our students can’t gain access to via the web, and this practice exam is an exam that many teacher will want to use because it is (supposedly) secure. Would you please take this AP Calculus Practice Exam off of your page? I found it via Google… it was the 5th url on the page and therefore easily accessible to any student who Googles “AP Calculus AB Practice Exam.”
    Thank you very much for your quick attention to this matter – finals are coming up and I don’t want my students to be able to find this exam with a quick Google search. Also, you are probably violating some copyright laws with that exam posted.

Thanks again for your website – I do think it’s really great.

- Jason Cheek

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      Mar 28, 2012 @ 19:59:45

Hello,
      Let me start off by saying that I”m sorry for any unintended troubles my website may have caused. I recently created this site, and I realized only a matter of days after I posted said AP Calculus AB Practice Exam that you mentioned that it’d not only violate copyright code but also be a danger to public education, both of which I don’t want to sponsor. As a result, I removed ALL documents on my site that I had uploaded that contained files not publicly available. I do not understand, yet, why it still comes up in a Google search and allows you to click on it AND view it. That is both troubling to you and me, so I will immediately work on correcting this issue. On the note of publicly available resources, I have shared AP exam resources such as those found here: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/213047.html. These are publicly available and require no teacher credentials. I specifically removed all resources requiring credentials, as I entirely see the dilemma there. I was not aware that my website, despite what I thought was removing the files, still hosts said document(s). The issue will be addressed promptly, and I appreciate the concern. If I cannot remove the few files that would be “secure”, I will contact WordPress (the website host) about the issue as soon as possible. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
      - Andrew

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      Mar 28, 2012 @ 23:58:20

Hello again (post #2),
      I have confirmed that they have been deleted from my site. However, it is now Google’s doing to update my site’s information/cache with every search. I’m currently working on expediting this process (for your, my, and others’ sakes). Once again, I want this site to be a fair, healthy place for all to learn. I was unaware of the Google issue, so thank you for making me aware. I will do all I can do to fix it as soon as possible.
      Thank you for understanding,
      Andrew

• Jason Cheek
        Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:47:30

Thank you so much for taking care of this. No harm, no foul! Again – I love your website and I appreciate your diligence in maintaining it.

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
          Mar 30, 2012 @ 13:47:50

You’re absolutely welcome. I appreciate you pointing it out because I realized the potential dilemma with it and tried to reconcile the problem by removing the files only to realize they weren’t really gone. The issue should be fixed. If you Google search “AP Calculus AB Practice Exam” or “AP Statistics Practice Exam” (among other similar searches) either my site will not appear, or it will appear, but when you click the link it says “404 – File Not Found” instead of showing the PDF.
          *All other instances of similar issues with other subjects are being resolved and should be fixed, but if they appear that they’re not via a Google search then they likely will fix themselves in a matter of a few days*
          Best,
          Andrew

4. Gina Swanson
    Apr 21, 2012 @ 20:30:15

Hi Andrew!
    I love your website. It is extremely helpful because I enjoy the notes that are short and to the point. I especially find the chapter questions for AP US History very useful. They guide me in studying for the chapter tests. In my class, we have a test after each chapter and some of the questions are somewhat similar to those on your chapter questions. Can you upload the chapter questions for Chapters 41 and 42? We will be starting those chapters soon and I would like to study in advance.
    Thank you,
    Gina

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      Apr 21, 2012 @ 20:38:58

Hi Gina,
      Just a head’s up – I’m the creator of the website (Andrew). Jason was just another wonderful visitor :)

Anyway, I’m so glad you’re getting use out of my website! I would upload chapters 41 and 42, but I can’t seem to find the files on my computer at all, sadly. If I do happen to find them, though, I’ll be sure to upload them as soon as I do! Good luck!

- Andrew

• Gina Swanson
        Apr 22, 2012 @ 13:21:28

Thanks Andrew! Sorry about the name. I was reading the comments and mixed the names up . . . oops.

5. Gina Swanson
    Apr 21, 2012 @ 20:34:18

Hey Andrew!
    It’s me again! Just wanted to know if you are enjoying chemical engineering so far. I am currently a junior in high school and I enjoy chemistry because I am horrible at it (I know, it sounds weird, but I do enjoy the challenge). My real question is what do you expect to do as a job for chemical engineering. What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now? I would like to go into chemical engineering for cosmetology, but I don’t know anything else about engineering except for the stereotypical associations with technology.
    Thanks!
    Gina

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      Apr 21, 2012 @ 20:45:34

Hello again!
      There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a challenge! The thing is, that’s one of the most important parts about learning. If you don’t enjoy the challenge, things will get hard and then it won’t end well, so I applaud your efforts!
      I’m ending my second semester in college, and I’m really loving the chemical engineering curriculum here as well as all the things chemical engineering seems to include.
      It is really difficult to explain what kind of jobs chemical engineering can bring because there are just SO many routes. There are routes where ChemEs focus on energy, improving chemical processes, making pharmaceuticals, etc. etc. Pretty much anything that has chemicals in it (which is anything nowadays… just take a look at your soap or the next snack you eat) has been worked on by a chemical engineer. Although it’s true that many engineers “build” things, that’s not really true for chemical engineers. Chemical engineers seem to take an applied approach to chemistry using such topics as math and/or physics with their engineering and chemistry knowledge to solve problems. I would say that a chemical engineer can absolutely go into cosmetology since that’s full of chemicals! You could improve on methods of creating a cosmetic project or, of course, work on making one. I, personally, am not sure where I want to go with chemical engineering. I just know that I like applied science. I think I might want to go into the pharmaceuticals field, but I’m not sure for what.
      - Andrew :)

6. Anonymous HSW student
    May 09, 2012 @ 10:18:03

Andrew, this is a fantastic website. It has helped me so much this year. Thanks for all the study guides. I was just wondering if you had made more study guides for the rest of the chapter in AP US. As you may know, no one really learns much in Ferretti’s class ;) (although I enjoy going to it). Thanks again.

• Avatar of Andrew Rosen Andrew Rosen
      May 09, 2012 @ 12:58:27

Hello anonymous HSW student,
      I’m glad you’ve gotten some use out of my website and that it’s helped! If it’s able to help someone out even just a little bit then it’s worth keeping up, in my opinion.
      I don’t, unfortunately, have any more review sheets for AP US. You’re right – nobody really learns much in his class. It’s all independent stuff. That being said, I don’t have any review sheets because it was pretty much a cram-as-you-go kind of course, as I’m sure you’ve figured out with all those quizzes haha. So, nope. I don’t have any more, but I’m glad you’ve gotten use out of my site! Good luck to you on the rest of your finals/APs!

- Andrew

Switch to our mobile site