Meet The Bloggers!

Audrey Balaska, Mechanical Engineering: Human-Robot Interaction Ph.D. Candidate

Audrey is a third-year student in the mechanical engineering and human-robot interaction joint-Ph.D. program.  Before coming to Tufts, she attended the University of New Hampshire, where she received her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.  Her research interests include dynamics, control systems, robotics, and human factors, particularly when they are applied to assistive technology applications.  When not at Tufts, Audrey likes to go ballroom dancing and play her cello (which is named Charlie). 

Lennon Wolcott, MFA ’17

Lennon Michelle (Hernandez) Wolcott is an artist and SMFA at Tufts MFA (‘17) and Post-Bac (’15) alum. Lennon’s art focuses on decolonization and the rebuilding of cultural connections through representation, community building and traditional practices. Her visual work consists of Drawings, Papel Picados, Sculpture, handmade paper, prints, installation, and performance.  A Michigander by birth, Lennon has taken to the New England area while still holding on to her midwestern roots by perpetuating the term “pop.” She is currently the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions at SMFA.

TJ Pinto, Entry-Level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Student

Hello! My name is TJ Pinto and I am a first-year graduate student in the Entry-Level Occupational Therapy Doctoral program at Tufts. Before coming to Tufts, I attended the University of Delaware, where I received a B.S. in Exercise Science in 2019. While there, I was involved in numerous activities on campus, such as being a resident assistant, a campus tour guide, an orientation leader, and even a simulated patient in the UD Healthcare Theatre program. Following graduation, I spent almost two years working as an exercise technician at an outpatient rehabilitation clinic, working with both physical therapists and occupational therapists on a daily basis. My OT-related interests are focused around upper extremity and hand rehabilitation as well as neurological rehabilitation, though I can absolutely see my interests shifting a bit as I move further into my program. In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with friends, relaxing on campus, and watching shows on Netflix. I am so excited to be a Jumbo and I cannot wait to see where my journey at Tufts takes me!

Ece Gulsan, Chemical Engineering Ph.D. Candidate

Ece, an avid traveler and scuba diver, has been to 28 countries, more than 100 cities, and is still counting. She is a part-time yoga instructor and a full-time Chemical Engineering Ph.D. student at Tufts. Her research interests are based on metabolic engineering, and she is working to identify how particular diets and lifestyles impact metabolic and hormonal activities. Outside of the lab, she wanders the streets with her camera, goes for long hikes, tries out new restaurants, and practices a lot of yoga! Currently, Ece is learning Italian and keeping a wine diary, while experimenting in the kitchen and remaining faithful to her healthy lifestyle as much as possible.

Lindsey Schaffer, Museum Education M.A. Candidate

Lindsey is a first year MA student in the Museum Education program. Before Tufts, she attended The College of Saint Benedict where she got her BA in English. She hopes to pursue a career in the museum field and examine the narratives being told in museums for the purpose of promoting inclusion and empathy. In her free time, she loves to write poetry and research her latest interests. Her first chapbook ‘City of Contradiction’ is set to be published by Selcouth Station next year.