Yummy Thai Cuisine

April 13, 2012

Looking to satisfy some serious Thai food cravings? Yummy Thai Cuisine is just a 5-10 minute walk from the Davis Square T-station, and it is open 7 days a week from 11:00am-11:00pm for lunch and dinner. The restaurant serves over 100 menu choices, from pan fried dishes to noodle soups, so it has something to offer for everyone. Although the restaurant is small and casual in its appearance, the food quality and service are superb.

After a long day of exploring the Somerville/Medford area, I decided to head over to Yummy Thai Cuisine for a satisfying dinner. I was greeted by a friendly and attentive older man and an older woman cooking in the kitchen behind him. I ordered a cup of the Miso Soup for the appetizer. It was filled with spinach, scallions, tofu, and a rich, delicious broth. My main dish was Mango Chicken with white rice, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and sauce on the side. The roasted chicken was juicy and tender, and I was impressed by the well portioned dish (I was able to finish every bite without feeling stuffed!).

Following my entrée course, I was tempted by their ginger ice cream. And, I wasn’t disappointed; it was one of the best I’ve had in the city! The dessert was full of that sharp ginger flavor, which I love, paired with the smooth richness of the ice cream. Finally, rounding out the entire meal was my drink choice – the standard Thai Iced Tea, which was delicious and refreshing as well. Including tip, my meal came to around $24, which for the quality of food and a 3-course meal, was definitely worth it.

For more information about Yummy Thai Cuisine, go to http://yummythaicuisinema.com/

Yummy Thai Cuisine

2261 Massachusetts Ave

Cambridge, MA 02140

(617) 354-7070

By: Julia Canfield

Editor: Kate Sweeney

Entry Filed under: Nutrition,Restaurant Review. .

Programs and Events

Food & Nutrition

Cooking

Workout & Exercise

Sports Nutrition

Careers in Nutrition

Archives

RSS Subscribe to BYL!

Follow Us!