We are pleased to announce Tufts Comp 2017 will be held on Sunday, November 12th!!
Medford High School
489 Winthrop St. Medford, MA 02155
Registration is not yet available. Stay tuned for more details!
We are currently working on accepting online payments. Stay tuned!
Cash and checks will be also be accepted on the day of the event, prior to entry.
Please make checks out to Trustees of Tufts College, memo: Tufts Ballroom Competition.
The schedule for Tufts Comp 2017 will not be available until very soon before the competition, but for reference, here was last year’s schedule:
|Doors Open||7:00 AM|
|Smooth||8:00 AM – 11:15 AM|
|Standard||11:15 AM – 2:30 PM|
|Rhythm||2:30 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Latin||6:00 PM – 9:15 PM|
|Newcomer||W, T, F||W, T||C, R, Sw||C, R|
|Bronze||W/T, F||W/Q, T||C/R, Sw||C/R, J|
|Silver||W/T, F||W/Q, T, F||C/R, Sw, M||C/R, S, J|
|Pre-champ*||W/T/F, Vw||W/T/F/Q, Vw||C/R/Sw/B, M||C/R/S/J, P|
*As of now, all styles will be split into pre-champ and open. Please stay tuned throughout registration, however, as this may change pending number of registrations for each style.
Rules and Eligibility
- Couples may only dance at one level per style (no double registration).
- If a couple is composed of two different dancers of different skill, the couple must dance at the higher level of competition. For example, a Bronze Leader and a Silver Follower must compete at Silver.
- Competitors may dance in two different levels in different styles, spanning only one level if bronze or below. For example, a couple may compete Bronze Rhythm and Silver Latin, but not Bronze Rhythm and Gold Latin.
- If the dancer is dancing all styles at or above the silver level s/he may span a maximum of three levels (dancing silver and gold is allowed, dancing silver and pre-champ is allowed, dancing silver and open is not.)
- If a dance is not offered at a couple’s level of competition, the couple may dance that particular dance at the next highest level it is offered. For example, a Bronze couple wishing to dance Samba could dance the linked Samba/ Jive at Silver. In this example, the couple would not be permitted to dance Jive at the Bronze level.
- A person entered as a Leader may enter as a Follower in a different style either at the same level or at an adjacent level. For example, a dancer may compete as a Leader in Bronze Smooth and as a Follower in Newcomer or Bronze Standard. The same applies for Followers wishing to lead as well.
- Costumes are permitted at Bronze level and above.
If you require housing on Saturday night, please stay tuned for more details!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lexi Galantino and Isabel 家誼 Liao
Tufts Competition Coordinators 2017