We are pleased to announce that Tufts Comp 2017 will be held on Sunday, November 12th!!
Medford High School
489 Winthrop St. Medford, MA 02155
Registration is currently LIVE on O2CM!!
Early registration will open on Friday, October 6th. Early registration will cost $40 if paid at the door, $45 if paid online.
Regular registration will begin on Friday, October 20th. Regular registration will cost $45, at the door or online.
Late registration will begin on Friday, November 3rd. Late registration can only be paid for at the door, and will cost $55. Please note that late registration can only be done through email with email@example.com; O2CM will close registration on Friday, November 3rd.
Note: As in the past, registration fees only apply to syllabus events. That is, if you are a dancer competing only open events, and no syllabus events, you will not pay a registration fee!
Online payment is available through Tufts Tickets until Friday, November 3rd. Note that all fees for both regular and early registration will be $45 if paid online, which includes a $5 processing fee.
Cash, checks, and credit cards will be also be accepted on the day of the event, prior to entry. Please make checks out to Trustees of Tufts College, memo: Tufts Ballroom Competition.
For schools needing an invoice in order to pay for their whole team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may start working out the best way to do this for your individual situation. Please note that starting this year, there may be late fees applied to invoices that are not paid by February 15th, 2018. If applicable, the nature of this arrangement will be agreed upon before the competition occurs.
The schedule for Tufts Comp 2017 will not be available until very soon before the competition, but for reference, here is last year’s schedule. We will have the same order of styles, and as of now, we are planning on the same start time for our first event. Please note that last year, our competition ran ahead of schedule.
|Doors Open||7:00 AM|
|Smooth||8:00 AM – 11:15 AM|
|Standard||11:15 AM – 2:30 PM|
|Rhythm||2:30 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Latin||6:00 PM – 9:15 PM|
|Newcomer||W, T, F||W, T||C, R, Sw||C, R|
|Bronze||W/T, F||W/Q, T||C/R, Sw||C/R, J|
|Silver||W/T, F||W/Q, T, F||C/R, Sw, M||C/R, S, J|
|Pre-champ*||W/T/F, Vw||W/T/F/Q, Vw||C/R/Sw/B, M||C/R/S/J, P|
*As of now, all styles will be split into pre-champ and open. Please stay tuned throughout registration, however, as this may change pending number of registrations for each style.
Rules and Eligibility
- Couples may only dance at one level per style (no double registration).
- If a couple is composed of two different dancers of different skill, the couple must dance at the higher level of competition. For example, a Bronze Leader and a Silver Follower must compete at Silver.
- Competitors may dance in two different levels in different styles, spanning only one level if bronze or below. For example, a couple may compete Bronze Rhythm and Silver Latin, but not Bronze Rhythm and Gold Latin.
- If the dancer is dancing all styles at or above the silver level s/he may span a maximum of three levels (dancing silver and gold is allowed, dancing silver and pre-champ is allowed, dancing silver and open is not.)
- If a dance is not offered at a couple’s level of competition, the couple may dance that particular dance at the next highest level it is offered. For example, a Bronze couple wishing to dance Samba could dance the linked Samba/ Jive at Silver. In this example, the couple would not be permitted to dance Jive at the Bronze level.
- A person entered as a Leader may enter as a Follower in a different style either at the same level or at an adjacent level. For example, a dancer may compete as a Leader in Bronze Smooth and as a Follower in Newcomer or Bronze Standard. The same applies for Followers wishing to lead as well.
- Costumes are permitted at Bronze level and above.
If you require housing on Saturday night, please fill out this form.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.
Lexi Galantino and Isabel 家誼 Liao
Tufts Competition Coordinators 2017