We are pleased to announce that Tufts Comp 2019 will be held on Saturday, November 16th!!
To be announced
The dates for 2019 registration will be announced in the fall. They will probably be similar to last year’s dates, as posted here.
Early registration will open on Friday, October 12th. Early registration will cost $40 if paid with cash or cheque.
Regular registration will begin on Monday, October 22nd. Regular registration will cost $45, if paid with cash or cheque.
Late registration will begin on Saturday, November 10th. Late registration can only be paid for at the door, and will cost $55. Please note that late registration can only be done through email with email@example.com; O2CM will close registration on Friday, November 9th.
Note: As in the past, registration fees only apply to syllabus events. That is, if you are a dancer competing only open events, and no syllabus events, you do not have to pay a registration fee!
The dates for 2019 payment will be announced in the fall. They will probably be similar to last year’s dates, as posted here.
Online payment will be available through Tufts Tickets until Friday, November 9th and will have a $5 surcharge.
Cash, checks, and credit cards will also be accepted on the day of the event, prior to entry. Please make checks out to Trustees of Tufts College, memo: Tufts Ballroom Competition.
For schools needing an invoice in order to pay for their whole team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may start working out the best way to do this for your individual situation. Please note that starting this year, late fees may be applied to invoices that are not paid by February 15th, 2019. If applicable, the nature of this arrangement will be agreed upon before the competition occurs.
Please view the entries form here: http://entries.o2cm.com/?event=tub
Sign up and find a partner here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/179kgPerfJ1lZ0W2nvKdHXeXqP-B6EWzDSt-v1qtImgY/edit?usp=sharing
This is the past schedule for 2018. Next year’s schedule will be similar.
|Doors Open||7:00 AM|
|Smooth||8:00 AM – 11:00 AM|
|Standard||11:00 AM – 2:15 PM|
|Rhythm||2:15 PM – 5:45 PM|
|Latin||5:45 PM – 9:15 PM|
**New for 2019: all syllabus dances will be gold events**
|Newcomer||W, T, F||W, T||C, R, Sw||C, R|
|Bronze||W/T, F||W/Q, T||C/R, Sw||C/R, J|
|Silver||W/T, F||W/Q, T, F||C/R, Sw, M||C/R, S, J|
|Pre-champ*||W/T/F, Vw||W/T/F/Q, Vw||C/R/Sw/B, M||C/R/S/J, P|
*As of now, all styles will be split into pre-champ and open. Please stay tuned throughout registration, however, as this may change pending number of registrations for each style.
Rules and Eligibility
- Couples may only dance at one level per style (no double registration).
- If a couple is composed of two different dancers of different skill, the couple must dance at the higher level of competition. For example, a Bronze Leader and a Silver Follower must compete at Silver.
- Competitors may dance in two different levels in different styles, spanning only one level if bronze or below. For example, a couple may compete Bronze Rhythm and Silver Latin, but not Bronze Rhythm and Gold Latin.
- If the dancer is dancing all styles at or above the silver level s/he may span a maximum of three levels (dancing silver and gold is allowed, dancing silver and pre-champ is allowed, dancing silver and open is not.)
- If a dance is not offered at a couple’s level of competition, the couple may dance that particular dance at the next level it is offered. For example, a Bronze couple wishing to dance Samba could dance Silver Samba. We highly encourage this, and have unlinked all silver dances not offered at a bronze level.
- A person entered as a Leader may enter as a Follower in a different style either at the same level or at an adjacent level. For example, a dancer may compete as a Leader in Bronze Smooth and as a Follower in Newcomer or Bronze Standard. The same applies for Followers wishing to lead as well.
- Costumes are permitted at Bronze level and above.
If you require housing on Saturday night, please email us by November 9th.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.
Alice Dempsey and Nora Matthews
Tufts Competition Coordinators 2019