On behalf of the entire Tufts Ballroom team, we would like to give a HUGE thank you to all who came to Tufts Comp 2019!
Here is a link to photos from the competition. You can also copy/paste the link into your browser:
See you next year!
We are pleased to announce that Tufts Comp 2019 will be held on Sunday, November 17th!!
Registration Dates for 2019
Early registration will open on Friday, October 11th. Early registration will cost $40 if paid with cash or check.
Regular registration will begin on Tuesday, October 22nd. Regular registration will cost $45, if paid with cash or check.
Late registration will begin on Sunday, November 10th. Late registration can only be paid for at the door, and will cost $55. Please note that late registration can only be done through email with email@example.com; O2CM will close registration on Saturday, November 9th.
Note: As in the past, registration fees only apply to syllabus events. That is, if you are a dancer competing only open events, and no syllabus events, you do not have to pay a registration fee!
The dates for 2019 payment will be announced in the fall. They will probably be similar to last year’s dates, as posted here.
Online payment will be not be offered this year, please email us about invoice payment if you cannot bring a check or cash.
Cash, checks, and credit cards will also be accepted on the day of the event, prior to entry. Please make checks out to Trustees of Tufts College, memo: Tufts Ballroom Competition.
For schools needing an invoice in order to pay for their whole team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may start working out the best way to do this for your individual situation. Please note that starting this year, late fees may be applied to invoices that are not paid by February 15th, 2020. If applicable, the nature of this arrangement will be agreed upon before the competition occurs.
Sign up for TBA here:
2019 SCHEDULE NOW POSTED
|Doors Open||7:00 AM|
|Smooth||8:00 AM – 11:15 AM|
|Standard||11:15 AM – 2:15 PM|
|Rhythm||2:15 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Latin||6:00 PM – 9:30 PM|
**New for 2019: all syllabus dances will be gold events**
|Newcomer||W, T, F||W, T||C, R, Sw||C, R|
|Bronze||W/T, F||W/Q, T||C/R, Sw||C/R, J|
|Silver||W/T, F||W/Q, T, F||C/R, Sw, M||C/R, S, J|
|Pre-champ*||W/T/F, Vw||W/T/F/Q, Vw||C/R/Sw/B, M||C/R/S/J, P|
*As of now, all styles will be split into pre-champ and open. Please stay tuned throughout registration, however, as this may change pending number of registrations for each style.
Rules and Eligibility
- Couples may only dance at one level per style (no double registration).
- Exception: Bronze leaders or followers may dance Newcomer if there are not enough partners in order to allow the Newcomers to dance
- If a couple is composed of two different dancers of different skill, the couple must dance at the higher level of competition. For example, a Bronze Leader and a Silver Follower must compete at Silver.
- Competitors may dance in two different levels in different styles, spanning only one level if bronze or below. For example, a couple may compete Bronze Rhythm and Silver Latin, but not Bronze Rhythm and Gold Latin.
- If the dancer is dancing all styles at or above the silver level s/he may span a maximum of three levels (dancing silver and gold is allowed, dancing silver and pre-champ is allowed, dancing silver and open is not.)
- If a dance is not offered at a couple’s level of competition, the couple may dance that particular dance at the next level it is offered. For example, a Bronze couple wishing to dance Samba could dance Silver Samba. We highly encourage this, and have unlinked all silver dances not offered at a bronze level.
- Events that are normally Syllabus are now listed as Gold, however we strongly encourage all dancers to compete as they would if it was a Syllabus event!
- A person entered as a Leader may enter as a Follower in a different style either at the same level or at an adjacent level. For example, a dancer may compete as a Leader in Bronze Smooth and as a Follower in Newcomer or Bronze Standard. The same applies for Followers wishing to lead as well.
- Costumes are permitted at Bronze level and above.
If you require housing on Saturday night, please email us by November 9th.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.
Alice Dempsey and Nora Matthews
Tufts Competition Coordinators 2019