The 13th Annual Tufts Ballroom Competition will be held on Sunday November 16th, 2014 at Medford High School in Medford, MA.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.
Hope to see you there!
Late registration is now in effect. Please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, your partner’s full name, school/studio affiliation, and the events for which you wish to register. Current competitor list can be found on o2cm: http://www.o2cm.com/forms/entry.asp?event=tub
- Regular Registration: $40 per Person. Regular Registration closes on Sunday, November 9th, 2014.
- Late Registration: $45 per Person. Late Registration begins Monday, November 10th, 2014.
- There is no fee for open dancers.
- The Registration Fee covers all styles.
To pay your registration fee in advance, please send a check to the following address:
ATTN: Monica Pontes
44 Professors Row
Medford, MA 02155
Cash and checks will also be accepted on the day of the event, prior to entry.
Please make checks out to Trustees of Tufts College, memo: Tufts Ballroom Competition.
Rules and Eligibility
- Couples may only dance at one level per style(no double registration).
- If a couple is composed of two dancers of different skill levels, the couple must dance at the higher level of competition. For example, a Bronze Leader and a Silver Follower must compete at Silver.
- Competitors may dance in two different levels in different styles, spanning only one level. For example, a couple may compete Bronze Rhythm and Silver Latin, but not Bronze Rhythm and Gold Latin.
- If a dance is not offered at a couple’s level of competition, the couple may dance that particular dance at the next highest level it is offered. For example, a Bronze couple wishing to dance Samba could dance the linked Samba/ Jive at Silver. In this example, the couple would not be permitted to dance Jive at the Bronze level.
- A person entered as a Leader may enter as a Follower in a different style either at the same level or at an adjacent level. For example, a dancer may compete as a Leader in Bronze Smooth and as a Follower in Newcomer or Bronze Standard. The same applies for Followers wishing to lead as well.
- Costumes are permitted at Bronze level and above.
|Doors Open||7:00 AM|
|Smooth||8:00 AM – 10:30 AM|
|Standard||10:30 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Lunch/Fun Dance/Flex time||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Rhythm||2:00 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Latin||4:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|Newcomer||W, T, F||W, T||C, R, Sw||C, R|
|Bronze||W/T, F||W/Q, T||C/R, Sw||C/R, J|
|Silver||W/T, F||W/Q, T/F||C/R, Sw/M||C/R, S/J|
|Pre-Champ||W/T/F/Q, Vw||C/S/R/J, P|
Tufts Comp will be held at the Medford High School Gym, located at 489 Winthrop street, Medford, MA. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Registered couples who withdraw from the competition by Monday, November 10th, 2014 will not need to pay the Registration Fee.
Registered couples who withdraw from the competition after November 10th will be responsible for paying the full Registration Fee.