A Message from the Medical Director: Welcome to our first client newsletter. At the Foster Hospital for Small Animals, we believe that a compassionate, team-based approach creates the best care for your pet. By working with you and your referring veterinarian, our staff of board-certified specialists, certified veterinary technicians, residents, interns, passionate veterinary students and dedicated support staff develop treatment plans considering your goals for your pet. We are animal lovers and understand how stressful it is to have a sick pet. In this bimonthly newsletter we will keep you posted on happenings at the hospital and also share a few helpful pet care tips.
Meeting your pet care needs is important to us. We recently conducted a client survey to find out how we are doing. We were pleased to learn that most people feel:
- Our health care team treats your animal with the utmost compassion and care.
- Our veterinary staff is top notch when it comes to being friendly and courteous.
- Our doctors answer your questions well and explain things clearly.
You also told us about things we can do better, including:
- Improve the speed and convenience of the checkout. In response, we have added staff and adjusted procedures to allow for a quicker exit. We also have established a team between the veterinary staff and pharmacy departments to evaluate the checkout process on an ongoing basis.
- Start appointments on time. We know your time is valuable, and we are working to ensure we are being realistic in spacing appointments so our doctors can spend the necessary time to collaborate with other specialists regarding your pet.
As with human health care, scheduling can be a challenge because emergencies arise at the hospital every day. We work hard to prevent these confounding issues from impacting you, but sometimes we need to adjust your pet’s appointment day or time. We will do our best to communicate with you about these occurrences. We are designing a more robust website to help us communicate clearly about scheduling and expectations for your appointments. You can find information about what to expect during your visit, client rights and responsibilities, and interesting things to do in the Grafton area while you wait for your pet.
On behalf of all the caring professionals at Foster Hospital for Small Animals, I encourage you to speak directly with us about your concerns and needs for your pet. We strive to provide expert medical care for your pet and high-quality service to all our clients. We care about your experience. Please contact our Client Service team at 508-839-5395.
Virginia Rentko VMD, DACVIM