MediaMarkup is an online video annotation tool built and provided by Tufts UIT. Anyone with a current Tufts Username and Tufts Password can use the tool to upload video files, share them with others, and allow them to provide comments and feedback at particular timestamps within the video. For your purposes, you will be uploading the first draft of your Digital Story to allow your reviewers to provide you with feedback for your final submission.
Completed video due to MediaMarkup for peer review by 5:00 pm, November 19, 2012.
Release agreement for student work due to Nicole Soltis by email by 5:00 pm, November 19, 2012.
To Submit Your Draft Digital Story Video:
- Go to:https://spark.uit.tufts.edu/toolList.jsp?toolName=video or follow the MediaMarkup link under the Course Tools section of this class’ Trunk site.
- Click on the red “Log In” button. Log on using your Tufts Username and Password (same one that you use for Trunk).
- Upon successful login click on the red “Create New” button.
- This will pop-up a form which you fill in to submit your video.
- Fill in the “Title” field using this format: EnvBio-xx project title where xx is your project number and project title is the name of your video. e.g. “EnvBio-01 Cassava Virus”.
- You can skip the “Subtitle” field. Use the “Description” field to list the names of your group members.
- Select “Write” from the Tufts-Wide access drop down list.
- Select “None” from the “World-Wide access” drop down list.
- Click on the “Select File” link and choose the video file from your computers file system.
- Finally, click on the green “Submit” button. Your video file will now be uploaded to the Spark server. Once processing has been completed you will receive an automatic email to your Tufts email letting you know that your video is now available for viewing. It may take a few minutes to receive this email depending on the size of your video file. NOTE: The upload limit for you file is 1 Gigabyte.
Submission of your video is a two part process, you must first upload the video and then provide administrator access to your professor and TA. To add Professor Orians and Nicole Soltis as administrators (IMPORTANT: your video does not count as submitted until these steps have been completed!):
- Return to:https://spark.uit.tufts.edu/toolList.jsp?toolName=video or follow the MediaMarkup link under the Course Tools section of this class’ Trunk site.
- Click on the “Edit” link associated with your video.
- Under Individual Access click the “Add” button. Type in Orians and select search. Select the radio button next to Colin Orians and click “add user”. Repeat these steps to add Nicole Soltis.
- Select “Administrator” from the drop down list associated with Prof Orians and Nicole Soltis.
- Click submit
CHECKLIST FOR SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO:
Note: Only one member of the group needs to submit the video.
□ I have uploaded my video and named it according to class convention.
□ Tufts-wide access is set to write.
□ World-wide access is set to none.
□ Prof. Orians and Nicole Soltis have been added and their permission set as administrator.
TO ANNOTATE VIDEOS DURING PEER REVIEW:
This “quickstart” video guide shows you how to use MediaMarkup to annotate your videos: https://spark.uit.tufts.edu/video_view2.jsp?id=1. Please note: this is an old video that we are about to replace so although the Spark site looks different the functionality of MediaMarkup remains the same. so the some of graphics will appear differently, however the steps and usability remain the same.