Opening: TED talk – Drew Berry: Animations of unseeable biology, May 2011
BMES recap – Alex Mitropoulos:
- What is BMES? Conference is in Atlanta, Georgia for 2012, 3 days
- Ground breaking research presented, poster presentations and talked ranging from Professors to undergraduates
- Alex postered: modified desk embosser? Sub-micron sphere application in silk
- Tons of stuff: Program Book. Interesting talks: Optical trapping being able sort by size (Naval Research Labs, Maryland)
- If you start conducting research, talk to Professor to plan about going to BMES. Next year’s conference is in Seattle
- 2013 conference is September 23rd, Application submitted in April (graduate students), August? (undergraduates). Submit abstract (1 page) More Info
Industry Days Recap:
-Five different companies came to talk about what they look for internships and what they look for in resume/candidate
-Understand what you would be doing so you can talk about it during interview (show that you’ve done your homework)
- Room should’ve been bigger.
BMES Freshmen Application Panel
- November 28th Open Block: Freshmen rep need to spread the word
Muhammad Zaman Lecture
- Need specific time for Nov 28th
- (Next Semester) Philips medical – Touring the ultrasound. When do you want to do this? Before/After Thanksgiving?
- (Tentative Date: Dec 11th) Allergan – Serica Technologies – Silk therapies
High school outreach (Next Semester)
Relay for Life (Next semester)
- WANNABME? is the winner
- We are ordering them! YAY!