A.What is the cloud?
B.Motivation for study
C.Outline of paper
A.When did this idea come about and how (A brief history) – (To do in the end)
- Comparison with the beginning of the internet
B.Implications in the software world (Rafi)
- Large-scale shared computing
- Mobile communication
- Research (bio – use AIDS enzyme game as an example?)
- Torrents (?)
- Consumer Services
- Amazon, Apple, Google, CISCO, EMC
1.Economics (Jon is the most interesting man in the world, and he also fought a bear once)
- What does it take for an established company to build cloud based services vs. a brand new company?
- Is it expensive (hardware vs software)?
- Pricing of cloud based services
2.Software development (Tony Lin + Jon)
- Similar or dissimilar to conventional software dev?
3.Integration into current services (Jason + Rafi)
- Dealing with existing Network Protocol
4.Testing (Jason is maybe something, I don’t know him that well.)
- Differences from conventional software testing
- How does this apply to the live environment? Is it different than the test environments?
5.Security (Tony has some descriptor associated with him)
- Virtualization of individual machines
- Encryption issues
E. Architecture of the Cloud
- High-level / conceptual blueprint of the cloud
D. Relation between Agile Software Development and Cloud Computing*
F. Test Driven Development and its relation to the Cloud (if there is one)
V.Appendices as necessary
*We believe that Agile Software & Test Driven Development are mutually exclusive and that they may not be applicable to cloud based services