What I Do
As Director and University Archivist, I oversee the DCA’s operations with particular emphasis on strategic directions, fundraising, and outreach.
- M.S. in Library and information Science, Simmons College.
- M.A. In History, Tufts University.
- B.A. in History, Tufts University.
- With Robert Chavez, et al. "Services make the Repository" Journal of Digital Information, Vol 8, No. 2 (2007).
- Tufts University, A Photographic History. Arcadia Press, 2002.
- "OAI-ORE and the Description of Archival Collections" (forthcoming) Poster presentation at SAA Research Forum, August 2008. Dowload PDF (3.1 MB)
- "Standards and Best Practices: Foundations of Sustainability" Presentation at NEDCC’s Digital Directions Conference, June 12, 2008
- "Digital Objects: Getting it Done, Part 2" New England Archivists, Spring 2008 Meeting, Salve Regine University, Newport, RI.
- "Issues in Scholarly Communication" Discussion leader, New England Archivists, Fall 2007 Meeting, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.
- "Collecting and Preserving Electronic Materials" 2007 Massachusetts History Conference, Sonehill College.
Professional Appointments and Activities
- Co-Chair, Program Committee, New England Archivists Fall 2008 Meeting
- Member, Massachussets Board of Library Commissioners, Preservation Advisory Board, 2007-2010
- Representative at Large, New England Archivists Executive Board, 2003-2006
- Adjunct Faculty, Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science, "Archival Access and Use," Fall 2007 & Fall 2008.