Requesting an Image from the Collections
In order to request an image from the DCA collection (available through Tufts Digital Library), please click on the online image and note the following information for each:
- Citable URL: This is the permanent URL for the image, formatted: http://hdl.handle.net/10427/[variable numeric string]Examples: http://hdl.handle.net/10427/1747 and http://hdl.handle.net/10427/36333
- Title: Note the title in its entirety, for example, “Packard Hall with old barn” or “Jackson sorority group”
Requests from outside the Tufts community are subject to certain conditions:
- Permission to publish is for one time use only and is at the discretion of the DCA staff.
- A use fee of $50.00 is charged for each image, though this fee can be waived at the discretion of the DCA staff. A $5.00 scanning fee will be charged for images not already in digital format. Fees are payable by check drawn on a U.S. bank and made out to Trustees of Tufts College. For information on international payments, please contact the DCA. We cannot at this time accept credit or debit cards.
- Images will not be released for use until payment has been received in full.
- To request an image please download and print the Permission Form (pdf). Return the completed form to the DCA with payment for all applicable use fees.
- Digital images released to patrons via a url or e-mail are only available for 30 days. Thereafter, images will be deleted.