Staff

Digital Archivist
Sally.Benny@tufts.edu
Pronouns: She/her

I manage our digital archives, seeing born-digital objects through their lifecycle, from acquisition to preservation to access. I am also responsible for web archiving and caring for legacy digital media.

Assistant Archivist
Alexandra.Bush@tufts.edu
Pronouns: she/her

As the Assistant Archivist, I support the Tufts Archival Research Center's core functions through reference and public services, research, processing, and collection stewardship. I also contribute to archives-focused exhibitions and projects as well as assist with our active teaching program.

Archivist and Project Manager: Slavery, Colonialism, and Their Legacies Project
John.Hannigan@tufts.edu
Pronouns: He/Him

I am the archivist and lead researcher for the Slavery, Colonialism, and Their Legacies at Tufts initiative, a university-wide collaborative project examining the school's historical ties to enslavement in Massachusetts and beyond, the long presence and experiences of African descended and indigenous students on the university’s campuses, and Tufts' relationships with the historic Black and Afro-Native communities of Charlestown, Medford, Somerville, Boston, and Grafton. 

Digital Collections Project Manager
sari.mauro@tufts.edu
Pronouns: she & they

I work with our digitization initiatives and projects. This includes project management and development and implementation of policies, procedures, and workflows. I work with our repository, the Tufts Digital Library, and oversee Newspapers @ Tufts and our digital exhibits.

Records and Accessioning Archivist
kathryn.mcnally@tufts.edu
Pronouns: She/her

I manage transfers and donations of new material to the archives from departments, student groups on campus, and other donors, as well as ensure that all incoming collections receive a baseline level of description to ensure discovery and access. If you would like to donate or transfer records to TARC, please contact me.

Collections and Research Assistant
Pronouns: they/them

I assist with archival processing, reference services, and other special projects that support the Tufts Archival Research Center’s administrative and collection stewardship responsibilities. I respond to general inquiries about the archives and research resources available at TARC.

Director of Tufts Archival Research Center
daniel.santamaria@tufts.edu
Pronouns: He/him

I oversee all Tufts Archival Research Center staff, collections, and services with primary responsibility for strategic direction, planning, management, and collection development.