Digital Collections and Archives growing collections are in need of constant care and support to ensure their long-term preservation and to increase accessibility through digitization.
We are currently seeking funding for a number of projects. Funding opportunities range from large to small, and every gift helps. Examples include:
- A gift of $50 will support scanning and cataloging 5 historical images so that they can be accessible in the Tufts Digital Library
- A gift of $100 will support the purchase of preservation quality supplies and support labor to house 5 linear feet of paper records
- A gift of $250 will support digitization, transcription, and encoding of 30 minutes of spoken word audio for delivery in the Tufts Digital Library
- A gift of $500 will support digitization of a scrapbook
The DCA is currently seeking funding for several special projects:
- Edward R. Murrow’s This I Believe: The DCA holds 200 reels of this historical program on reel-to-reel audiotapes that are slowly deteriorating. $500 will sponsor the digitization of one reel. More information is available on the Murrow Collection website.
If you are interested in making a donation in support of the DCA’s activities, please contact the Archives Director, Anne Sauer, at 617-627-2696 or at email@example.com.