“I mentioned it the other day when we parted ways with our final in-person meeting of the year and I’ll say it again: The approach that you taught us is an absolute game-changer as far as I’m concerned. The process that we lived in ED-211 and 212, as you mentioned on day 1 last summer, was absolutely critical to our being able to facilitate the doing of science with our students.” 

Chris Taft, 7th grade teacher, West Springfield, MA

“I can’t stop asking why and how come and looking for inconsistencies in things! Most recent example: I teach kids about how the force of gravity is determined by the mass and distance of the objects. So, how come two objects, regardless of difference in mass, reach the ground at the same time when dropped from the same height?!?!?! This was making me crazy […] I’ve taught this unit on gravity for 10 years and never noticed or wondered about this before! […] This class is making me look at and think about everything so differently!!! Thank you AND make it stop! ;)”

Jen Wysk, 6th grade teacher, Chicopee, MA

“I was packing up for school this morning and looked out into my front yard to see how much snow was still hanging around and realized there isn’t much!! […] But weirdly, where there was the least amount – on the flat surface of my front lawn where no one walked or played, there is still snow! All areas get, for the most part, equal amounts of sunlight throughout the day. How can it be that there was more snow (WAY more) and now there is none, but where the least amount was, there is still snow? […] So you see what this class has done to me!! LOL I will pose this to my students and see what they come up with.”

Donna Ferraiolo, 6th grade teacher, Agawam, MA

Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences logo.png

Switch to our mobile site