As the Special Education Director for Humboldt County Office of Education (HCOE) in Eureka, CA,  I am writing to let you know of our full time vacancy for a school psychologist.  I have included a link to the job announcement below.  I was hoping  you might spread the word to graduates in your program who are looking for a position. Feel free to share my contact information with anyone who may have an interest.

At HCOE we have a team of school psychologists who support small rural school districts in the county. We work with  a dynamic, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team to serve the special education population throughout this rural region. Aside from Humboldt being a beautiful coastal area to live in, HCOE is a great organization where many of us have remained throughout our careers. With two psychologists retiring this year, we are excited to be building a new team.

Please note that our school psychologists work 194 days during a school year, 8 hours a day and some have coordinating duties; our range of compensation is listed as  Salary Schedule II in the link below. (The rate will increase by 1% during the 2017-18 school year.) The position also offers medical, dental and vision insurance benefits in addition to monthly contributions to the STRS state retirement system.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions. Thank you very much for your time. 

Sincerely,

Tess Ives

Tess Ives
Special Education Director
Humboldt County Office of Education
901 Myrtle Ave
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: 445-7034