Product liability has an impact on design engineering. This article presents the effect of liability on the electrical and computer engineering professions with regards to designing new products. The nature and history of product liability is discussed, along with specific legal cases and guidelines for warnings on labeling.
What is Product Liability?
The engineering method (also known as engineering design) is a systematic approach used to reach the desired solution to a problem. There are six steps (or phases): idea, concept, planning, design, development, and launch from problem definition to desired result.
The engineering method (design) is a systematic approach used to support an [...]
The art of design is a philosophy toward identifying a problem and generating a desired result in the form of a working solution to it. The philosophy requires a genuine interest in the solution by recognizing it is not about you, but about the individuals who desire a solution to the problem.
Customer Needs Identification is the process of determining what and how a customer wants a product to perform. Customer Needs are non-technical, and they reflect the customers’ perception of the product, not the actual design specifications, although frequently they are closely related. This chapter will cover methods of Customer Needs Identification, a case [...]
This article presents an overview of the current state of intellectural property (IP) law in the United States. Particular emphasis is placed on the unique issues surrounding technological innovation. Case studies are provided for each of the major topics.
Intellectual property (IP) is a complex and broad issue which encompasses any mental [...]
- Table of Contents
- Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2012-13 Academic Year
- Senior Capstone Projects Summary for the 2013-14 Academic Year
- 1. Design Process
- 2. Management
- 3. Technologies
- 4. Communications And Life Skills
Top TopicsBusiness Strategy Communications Consumer Technologies Creativity & Innovation Design for X Emerging Technologies Engineering Economics Ethics Industrial Technologies Interpersonal Skills Legal & Intellectual Property Marketing & Customer Research Product Development Life Cycle Product Liability Prototyping & Manufacturing Risk Management Societal Impact
1. Design Process1. Design Process
- Art of Design Ron Lasser
- Critical Thinking for Engineers Michael Tran
- Customer Needs Identification Anders Simpson-Wolf
- Engineering Method Ron Lasser
- Fuzzy Front-End Hassan Oukacha
- Problem Identification in Engineering Design Scott Staniewicz
- Product Adoption Ross Beighley
- Product Concept Generation Mical Nobel
- Test-Driven Software Development Tyler Heck
4. Communications And Life Skills4. Communications And Life Skills