Science and Social Media Intern-Unpaid

by Ann Greaney-Williams on October 3, 2011

Are you interested in Science and Social Media?

I am considering taking on a science and social media intern if I find the right individual. The role would not be paid–I don’t earn anything from the blog, but do so because I care. So I’ll be looking for a compassionate woman or man who wants to improve public understanding of science given it matters tremendously for all of us.

Why do this? I’ve learned a lot about science and social media over the last five years and want to do my part to support bringing more young people into the conversation and pass on what I know to enable them to use new media tools to have an impact and influence beyond the science community.

Who should apply? Individuals looking to make a difference that and potentially use what they learn along their own career trajectory. Graduate students and early career scientists are encouraged to apply to expand their skill set, but anyone over 21 will be considered.

To apply: In no more than four sentences, tell me why I should choose you in an email to srkirshenbaum@yahoo.com. Include your name, age, and any relevant experiences and interests. Provide contact information for at least one reference (that is not related to you).

Thanks to the Internet, location is not important and you need not be a scientist. Please type  your name in capital letters in the subject line. Closing date to apply is October 14,2011.

From → Fall, Internships