Environmental Photo Contest: Guidelines and Submission Information
The Tufts Environmental Studies Program is accepting photo submissions for the first annual Environmental Photo Contest. The contest is open to all Tufts undergraduate students and will include prizes for 1st place ($150), 2nd place ($100), and 3rd place ($50).
Each student can take and submit multiple photos as part of the contest, but are only eligible to win one of the prizes listed above.
All styles of photography are welcome (black & white or color), including but not limited to:
- Fine art
We would like students to explore environmental communication through the lens of a camera, using your own creativity and image-making capacity.
To be considered for one of the prizes, submissions must include:
- Photo(s) submitted for consideration electronically.
- All submissions must include a) a high-quality 8×10″ print and b) a digital file (min. 300 dpi jpg or tif format)
- A printed document listing the names of any individuals, places, etc. included in the photo(s) and a brief description of the photo(s) itself.
- The Environmental Photo Contest Application >
- The Photo Subject Release Form >
PLEASE NOTE: Photo(s) submitted for the Environmental Photo Contest must include a completed photo release form for EVERY INDIVIDUAL in a given photo. Photos that do not meet this requirement will not be considered for any of the three awards.
- The Parent/Guardian Photo Release Form > (if applicable)
**(Photos taken of children under the age of 18 who are part of an individual’s research or fieldwork, will not be considered unless photo release forms are signed by the parent or legal guardian of EVERY CHILD who appears in a given photo or photos.
- Email digital submissions to Ann Greaney-Williams at email@example.com, Program Coordinator, Environmental Studies Program.
Submitted prints will be exhibited in the Tufts Institute of the Environment and may be used by the Environmental Studies and TIE in their print publications, websites, or for other Tufts-related purposes. A digital exhibition will also be created on the ENVS website for those who are unable to visit Tufts in person.
Photo submissions, and other required documentation, are due to the Environmental Studies Program, c/o TIE, 210 Packard Avenue, Miller Hall-East Rear Door, Medford Campus, by Monday, October 24, 2011. All submitted photos must have been taken by the individual student submitting them.
Photo contest winners will be chosen by faculty and staff of the Environmental Studies Executive Committee and Tufts Institute of the Environment and will be announced by November 30, 2011.
Student can upload their application folder to the ENVS Environmental Photo Group website. Please make sure to:
- Save all application materials and photographs in one folder, then…
- Zip or compress the folder before uploading it to the site.
This site will be checked weekly and folders will be downloaded by the Environmental Studies Program.
Questions can be sent to Ann Greaney-Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 617.627.3553.