Without Walls’ Eco Practicum is an environmental sustainability and action program for undergraduate students and recent grads. Learn while impacting society and shaping the global future.
- Field Work with the Region’s Most Effective Organizations
- Practice Different Farming Models (Organic, Permaculture, Urban)
- Meet Experts, Farmers, Activists and Policy-makers
- Understand the Economics of Environmental In/Justice
- Flexible Options: Sign Up for 1 Up To All 4 Weeks
- Tuition $700 for first section; $650 each subsequent section registration
- Financial Assistance available, based on need
- If 4 Tufts Students enroll, tuition discounts apply
A Beautiful Opportunity…
Environmental issues are so complex and interrelated today that its hard to know where to start building solutions. That’s why the Without Walls Eco Practicum is like an experience buffet. It offers the choice of attending one or all of the four weeks of the program, broken down into week-long in-depth seminars on the most pertinent environmental issues. For example, in the first week, meet the people who are bringing local organic produce into the global food system and changing the way we eat. In the second week, learn to care for livestock, meet with hunters, and tour a Cargill slaughterhouse (optional). Each week, you get real experience, meet important people, and do real things that matter.
You’ll live in Camp Shomria, an educational campus located in the heart of the Catskills, at the crossroads of the food- and watersheds of the most dense urban center in the US. Each day you’ll work on the farm learning new techniques, practicing small-scale animal husbandry, taking field trips to meet experts, and playing an active role in shaping the summer community. It’s fun and it’s necessary, now more than ever. Program Details