Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Communications and Marketing Intern to assist the Communications Department with conveying and publicizing CLF’s messaging and accomplishments across a wide variety of print and online communications outlets.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will assist with the maintenance and marketing of CLF’s main online communications outlets: CLF’s organization-wide blog, which provides insider news and advocacy information on CLF’s work and eNews, CLF’s digital newsletter and other assets. He or she will also be expected to complete a variety of other tasks, including expanding and organizing a collection of compelling images; using social media tools to market blog content and message; and assisting in various strategic discussions related to the organizations goals.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will report to the Marketing Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, and writing skills
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- A strong and demonstrated interest in communications, public relations and/or related fields, preferably in the non-profit arena
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus but not required
- A strong commitment to environmental advocacy
- Prior experience in environmental non-profit industry is a plus
- Continually research New England based environmental events, highlighting potential opportunities for CLF in each state
- Update and maintain the CLF photo database, search for additional photos as needed, and select appropriate photos and other media for print and online publications
- Create, update and maintain media database
- Monitor marketing/communications trends with other nonprofits, track new campaigns, highlight potential opportunities
- Assist in posting staff blog posts by researching and editing content
- Assist with research and drafting content for CLF’s other printed communications outlets, including: quarterly newsletter and fact sheets
- Assist in social media strategy development
- Assist in creation and execution of acquisition marketing campaigns, including online advertisements, video and direct mail.
Interested candidates must be enrolled in university and received academic recognition for the internship and are required to send a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com or mail to: 62 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110. Application materials must be received no later than April 30 for summer 2012. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is unpaid and requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week.