EcoLogic collaborates with rural and indigenous peoples to restore and protect tropical ecosystems in Central America and Mexico. We work with local communities to identify, evaluate, and prioritize their conservation and natural resource needs, and then help them obtain what they need—skills, financing, materials, access to decision makers and experts, hands-on experience, and other forms of support—to restore and conserve the natural environment where they live and on which they rely for basic necessities and well-being.
The graphics and design intern will create and refine components for our website including banners, slideshow images and graphics, and will also help create infographics, and other graphic and visual materials for use electronically and as posters and print items. The position requires independent creative thought and is an opportunity to develop your design skills, and work with other creative and passionate people at a small nonprofit doing important work!
This is an unpaid, rotating position and applications are welcome at any time.
We have experience with local universities in the provision of credit for the successful completion of internships.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work with staff and other interns to create exciting and engaging visual materials for the web, and for electronic and print distribution.
- Experience as a visual designer (in your mediums of choice – does not have to be computer based design)
- Some previous work or volunteer experience.
- Experience and knowledge about environmental conservation and/or international relations a plus.
- A critical thinker with the ability to follow direction and work independently and on a team.
- Proficiency with Windows OS, MS Office, Google Docs.
- Desire to learn and grow!
RECOMMENDED (not required)
- Experience using graphic design tools including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, or demonstrated experience using similar computer based visual design tools.
- Experience using or working with WordPress on any level.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter that includes current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.