Green Streets Initiative Volunteer Opportunity
Green Streets welcomes the involvement of volunteers, interns and Board members from the communities we serve. If you are interested in getting involved, please email us with information about your background, interests, and availability.
Here are some of the areas in which we currently welcome help:
- Data Analysis. We have gorgeous check-in data from our Corporate Challenge and would love help in analyzing it!
- Contact Management. Green Streets is in the process of adopting CiviCRM, and we could use help putting it to good use. If you have experience with CiviCRM or a similar contact management system, please let us know.
- Fundraising/Grants Writing. Green Streets is working to make our organization sustainable and replicable in other cities. We are looking for volunteers to help us explore and develop funding opportunities and relationships.
- Event Management/Outreach. Green Streets frequently exhibits at public health, environmental, transportation, and other community events. If you would be interested in representing Green Streets at these events, please let us know.
- Social Media/Marketing. Are you a whiz with social media? If so, help us use Facebook, Twitter, and other online tools tools effectively to reach new audiences and spread the word about Walk/Ride Days!
- Web Site Management. Keeping the Green Streets web site up to date is a major undertaking. You can help by contributing current events, community news, and other postings. We also still need design help, so if you know DRUPAL, we’d love to have your help!
- Writing, Photography, and Videography. These media can be effective ways to document our success and tell the Walk/Ride Day story. If you have skills in any of these areas, please let us know.
- Participation Tracking/Data Analysis. We have years of data on Walk/Ride Day participation. Come help us make sense of this data and demonstrate our impact.
- Walk/Ride Day Coordination. We are building a corps of Walk/Ride Day coordinators in communities throughout the Boston area. These folks work at schools, work places, and other organizations to help spread the word, build the buzz, and make the celebration happen!