Conservation Law Foundation: Communications Intern
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Communications Intern to assist the Communications Department with conveying and publicizing CLF’s messaging and accomplishments across a wide variety of print and online communications outlets.
The Communications Intern will assist with the maintenance and marketing of CLF’s main online communications outlets: CLF’s organization-wide blog, which provides insider news and advocacy information on CLF’s work and eNews, CLF’s digital newsletter, as well as its social media accounts and other assets. He or she will also be expected to complete a variety of other tasks, including expanding and organizing a collection of compelling images; using social media tools to market blog content and message; and assisting in various strategic discussions related to the organizations goals.
The Communications Intern will report to the Senior Communications Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- A strong interest in communications, public relations and/or related fields, preferably in the non-profit arena
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite
- An understanding of social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus but not required
- A strong commitment to environmental advocacy
- Prior experience in environmental non-profit industry is a plus
- Support the continued growth and maintenance of the website by drafting and editing content;
- Assist in managing content on the blog;
- Assist with research and drafting content for CLF’s other printed communications outlets, including: quarterly newsletter and fact sheets
- Promote CLF through its social media outlets, either by repurposing existing content or
- Update and maintain the CLF photo database, search for additional photos as needed, and select appropriate photos and other media for print and online publications
- Monitor marketing/communications trends with other nonprofits, track new campaigns, highlight potential opportunities
- Assist in creation and execution of acquisition marketing campaigns, including online advertisements, video and direct mail.
Interested candidates must be enrolled in university and received academic recognition for the internship and are required to send a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com or mail to: 62 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110. Application materials will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is unpaid and requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week.