Green Power Marketing & Communications Internship
Are you our 2013 Green Power Marketing & Communications Intern?
The Massachusetts Energy Consumers Alliance (Mass Energy) is a non-profit organization that has been working for 31 years to make energy more affordable and environmentally sustainable. We aim to help consumers and policymakers find cost-effective ways to reduce carbon emissions 80% by 2050.
Our green electricity program provides over 7000 members with energy from local renewable sources. The Green Power Marketing & Communications Intern is instrumental to help grow membership in this program. We’re looking for good communicators, interested in marketing, who feel passionately about clean energy.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing our annual summer Wind Turbine Festivals at local turbines;
- Managing Mass Energy’s presence at other local events;
- Assisting with innovative strategies for following up with new member prospects;
- Working on a team to design new strategies to promote our green electricity programs;
- Providing customer service to members, and general program support tasks as assigned by supervisor, including assisting with other Mass Energy programs.
- Familiarity with renewable energy and its positive impact, with a desire to learn more.
- Friendly and interested in connecting with others about environmental issues.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, in-person, on the phone, and in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional demeanor.
- Experience in organizing, marketing, customer service, event planning, and/or sales.
- Being from Massachusetts is a plus.
- A chance to use your skills for a tangible project in the renewable energy sector.
- Exposure to the nitty-gritty of the green power market.
- An opportunity to gain knowledge, experience, and relationships in the non-profit sector through a well-known and well-respected organization with roots in the community.
- Compensation of $12 per/hr
This intern will be expected to commit to 24-32 hours/week during the summer, for up to 12 weeks (Start & end dates are FLEXIBLE). The intern will work from our office in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston, and will be expected to travel to events across eastern MA, occasionally at night and on weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants should apply as soon as possible. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “MA Marketing Intern.” Address why you are interested and what skills you would bring. Please no phone calls.