Summer Development and Marketing Internship at MassRecycle
MassRecycle (the Massachusetts Recycling Coalition) seeks an intern to help with marketing, coordinating events (donor and educational), and program support. This is a great opportunity for undergraduate students working towards a degree in communication, marketing, non-profit administration or environmental studies who have a personal commitment to environmental sustainability.
Who is MassRecycle?
The Massachusetts Recycling Coalition is a small non-profit organization with a wide range of programs that support local recycling, promote green business and educate the general public about waste reduction, reuse and recycling. You can learn more about our organization at www.massrecycle.org.
What projects will you work on?
It’s an exciting time at MassRecycle. There are a variety of programs that you can play an important role in and we will work with you to select the projects that match your interests and experience:
- Annual Recycling and Organics Management Conference: This is Massachusetts’ primary educational event for local recycling coordinators and businesses from across the state. The conference aims to address the questions of what to do with food and other organic waste, how to promote composting and increase recycling throughout the Commonwealth. This large two-day event will take place in late March. MassRecycle will need help with market research, attendee outreach, working with event sponsors, and coordinating logistics.
- 18th Annual Recycling Awards: This event is an opportunity to celebrate businesses who have been nominated for their exceptional recycling and waste diversion practices in the past year. The awards are also an important fund raising event and we will need help with marketing, carrying out sponsorship processes, and registration.
- MassRecycle project marketing: MassRecycle hosts monthly socials at local restaurants, conducts tours of area businesses that demonstrate exceptional recycling practices and other industry networking opportunities. We expect to increase the success of these events and need assistance coordinating and marketing these events.
- MassRecycle general market research: The key to MassRecycle’s growth is finding new ways of reaching out to individuals and organizations interested in waste reduction, reuse, recycling and green business. We hope that our intern will help us become better known by identifying potential business members, partner organizations and ways to promote MassRecycle.
- Writing and social media: MassRecycle’s newsletter reaches nearly 3,000 individuals and organizations statewide. Interns may be asked to research and write articles for the newsletter. We are also seeking ideas for growing newsletter readership and expanding our following on Facebook and Twitter.
What will this internship do for you?
MassRecycle presents an opportunity for you to increase your experience and knowledge in environmental sustainability and the non-profit sector. This internship is an excellent way to network with partner organizations and Board members who are leaders in the industry.
What skills should you have?
Research skills Excellent organization skills Strong writing and communication skills Familiarity with Word and Excel, PhotoShop or designs skills welcome but not required Ability to work independently Personable and good phone demeanor Interest and knowledge of general environmental issues An eagerness to learn and a good sense of humor!
Please send resume and cover letter to Louise Dinsmore, Membership & Project Coordinator, MassRecycle, Inc. at email@example.com.
Hours per week negotiable. Opportunities for Fall 2013 internships also available.