Paid GIS Internship in Westborough
The Massachusetts Broadband Institute (MBI) is seeking two Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Summer Interns to assist with a variety of GIS related tasks primarily associated with the Statewide Broadband Availability Mapping project. The GIS Summer Interns will work closely with MBI GIS staff to collect, verify, integrate, analyze and map broadband availability, infrastructure and adoption information. Specific activities may include assisting with the following:
• Using ArcGIS 10.1 to create maps of broadband availability, broadband adoption and related topics to be posted on the MBI web site or support stakeholder meetings.
• Facilitating broadband availability data evaluation and verification through data gathering, data comparison and Internet research.
• Using ArcGIS analysis tools to identify and characterize undeserved and low broadband adoption areas.
• Creating, editing and documenting ArcGIS models or python scripts to automate GIS tasks for data integration validation and analysis.
• Performing additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the MBI Director or GIS Manager.
Graduate school student majoring in Geographic Information Systems or related field. Excellent communication, organizational and technical skills are required along with previous experience working in an office setting on GIS tasks. Demonstrated experience in ArcGIS data development and map design required, python scripting a plus.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume via email to email@example.com. You may also fax a resume to 508-366-7838 or mail to Massachusetts Technology Collaborative, 75 North Drive, Westborough, MA 01581-3340, Attn: MBI GIS Intern
This paid summer internship is available between May and August of 2013 at our Westborough campus. Please indicate your preferred length of internship/dates available in your cover letter.