Organic Produce Delivery Driver with Warehouse Responsibilities
Boston Organics is a small growing company that provides access to fresh, organic produce to promote and support healthy living in a mindful and sustainable way that respects the environment, supports local farms, local businesses, and fair-trade practices. At Boston Organics we value a positive attitude and team-work; treating customers, colleagues and vendors with the highest level of respect and service; and of course fresh produce of the highest quality.
We are seeking a positive, energetic, team player. The individual will be hired as delivery associate with some production/warehouse responsibilities. You will be expected to provide professional customer service and timely reporting to supervisors regarding lateness, damaged or missing products. Health benefits included. Background check required.
Please send resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
Responsible for performing all duties related to the delivery of fresh organic produce throughout the Boston Metro area and basic warehouse operations.
GENERAL DRIVING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading vans and delivering orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time.
- Transporting deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedure
- Reading complex route sheet and noting difficulties with any deliveries. Updating delivery information to maintain accuracy.
- Adding perishables to orders throughout the day as needed, based on route sheet.
- Exercising good judgment and attention to detail when delivery problems arise. Contacting office for additional assistance, if needed.
- Accurately updating daily route statistics including start and end times, mileage and return of plastic boxes.
- Notifying the fleet manager of any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Greet customers and/or building staff in a professional and courteous manner. Answer basic customer service inquiries.
- Maintaining a professional manner and appearance.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE RESPONSIBILITIES
Daily housekeeping duties; maintaining a neat and orderly workplace at all times; picking and packing customers’ orders; moving pallets; sweeping and removing/disposing of debris; receiving and sorting produce; other duties as assigned.
- Sense of urgency.
- Verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable interacting with customers.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to lift and move 50+ lb boxes.
- Pallet jack operation.
- Repetitive lifting.
- Attention to detail (ability to spot blemished items).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Math Aptitude.
- Reading Skills.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
Driving knowledge of Metro Boston streets preferred. Prior city delivery driving experience highly desirable. No CDL required.
*Only applicants with clean driving records will be considered*
Food industry experience, knowledge of produce and interest in organics desirable but not mandatory.
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid/Clean MA driver’s license.
Please send your cover letter and resume for this position to email@example.com.