ENVS Executive Committee Student Representatives
Each year, we recruit two student representatives for the Environmental Studies Executive Committee for the upcoming academic year.
The following criteria for candidacy apply:
- Students must be either a senior or a junior in the academic year in which they will sit on the committee;
- Students must be available to meet once per month (usually during the 3rd or 4th week of the semester; specific schedule to be determined at the beginning of the academic year);
- One student must be in a science track and one student in one of the social science tracks of the ENVS major;
- Students must be willing to participate in the meetings as active members, providing student feedback that will represent fellow students in the major; and
- Students must understand that some meetings that pertain to student’s personal information or awards are considered confidential and therefore students cannot be present during specific times.
If you are interested in being a student representative for 2014-15, please send ENVS a brief essay (300 words max.) explaining why you think you would make a good candidate to represent your fellow students and submit it to environmentalstudies (@tufts.edu). The position will remain open until filled.