Education Center Manager – Horticultural Society of New York
The Horticultural Society of New York (The Hort) seeks an Education Center Manager for our educational center, greenhouse and kitchen garden (The Center) located in Riverbank State Park in Harlem, New York. The mission of the center is to introduce urban residents to the many benefits of plants and to develop life-long plant stewards and gardeners. The education center serves children, families, seniors, students, youth and other community members, providing a variety of classes, workshops, festivals and forums on environmental stewardship, family health and well-being, cooking and nutrition, and horticulture.
Reporting to the Center Director, the Education Center Manager will provide multiple program and activity support to facilitate program implementation AND to build awareness about the programs in order to develop and grow attendance.
* Public interface with all visitors at the Center, including walk-ins.
* Public, School and Camp programs coordination, including planning, scheduling, materials assembly, educational tool maintenance, and supplies procurement.
* Marketing/Promotion of all programs to build attendance, including developing relationships with community social service organizations, churches, youth centers, and other local stakeholders.
* Maintenance and growth of social media presence.
* All administrative aspects of program/education delivery, including scheduling, registrations, filing, waivers, program material production, and maintaining supplies/material inventories.
* Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Tracking, Reporting and Reconciliation of program attendance, expenditures, and grant deliverables in coordination with finance and grant staff.
* Serve as liaison between the Center and New York State Parks staff, and oversee all compliance requirements and work orders.
* Provide regular facility maintenance, as required.
* Ability to teach all programs as necessary
* 4-year college degree
* 2+ years related work experience
* Knowledge of social media platforms and social media content production, using enterprise publishing tools such as Hootsuite, Constant Contact and WordPress
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Strong writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and with departmental staff to complete projects on a timely basis
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to handle tight deadlines, changing conditions, and last-minute projects
* Customer service-oriented, with ability to relate positively to a diverse public
* Graphic design (Canva, Photoshop), photography and photo-editing skills a plus
* Ability to lift 25 lbs
* Workweek is Tuesday through Saturday.
Respond with resume and cover letter to Annette Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.