Full-time Program Coordinator Position available at The KITCHEN at the Boston Public Market
The KITCHEN is seeking a Full-time Program Coordinator for immediate hire. The Program Coordinator will support The KITCHEN’s mission in two capacities: 1) coordinating and assisting with planning public and private events; and 2) executing high-quality programs and visitor experiences. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sarah Moser, email@example.com.
What We Do.
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the oldest land trust in the nation. We are an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 50,000 members. As one of the founding partners of Boston Public Market, The KITCHEN is operated by The Trustees, and is part of the organization’s agricultural stewardship portfolio.
The KITCHEN at Boston Public Market is Boston’s hub for seasonal culinary education. There is no other educational experience like it in the city where visitors are exclusively connecting with the farmers and artisans of this region. The KITCHEN hosts tasting demos, hands-on classes and educational experiences that celebrate the season and promote healthy living in Massachusetts. The KITCHEN team develops, manages and oversees an average of sixty events per month, including free and ticketed public and private programs that span wellness, culinary, and agricultural themes. The KITCHEN’s hands on classes, educational experiences and tasting demos are a signature component to the Boston Public Market that attract new visitors, help to lengthen the stay to the marketplace, and increase vendor sales.
Are you a Match?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who believes in our mission and wants to advance their career. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for food and cooking, sustainable agriculture and local farming, and will bring experience related to event planning and coordination, office administration, and marketing and communications. This position is highly independent and requires someone who is a self-starter with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. At least one year of work experience is necessary.
Commitment and Responsibilities
The KITCHEN Program Coordinator will work 40 hours per week on a varied schedule, to be determined. Approximately 30 hours per week will be spent on Program Planning Functions and 10 hours per week will be spent on Program Execution Functions (see below).
Program Execution shifts are typically scheduled from 4-9 pm during weekday evenings or 4-6 hour shifts all day on Saturday or Sunday (ex: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 11:00 am-4:00 pm, or 3:00-8:00 pm). The Program Coordinator will cover two shifts per week (between 8-12 hours approximately). For example: a typical week of event shifts: A) two evening shifts, or B) one evening and one to two weekend shifts. At least two weekend shifts will be required per month.
Program Planning Functions
• Daily administration of public programs across all public-facing platforms, including: updating online ticketing pages, coordination with Partners, Chefs, Event Coordinators, and other event staff.
• Assistance with private events in collaboration with Associate Director of Planning and Programs and the Education and Operations Manager, including: drafting contracts, invoicing clients and vendors, and processing payments and receipts.
• Daily upkeep of firstname.lastname@example.org, i.e. answering customer questions about public and private events and resulting research, updates, and communication with event staff and partners.
• Training and managing all Trustees volunteers.
• Hiring, training, and management of the KITCHEN intern team.
• Management of partner invoices for all public and private programming in collaboration with the Trustees Finance department.
• Revenue tracking and reporting to the entire team.
• Organization and management of public and private menus and recipes.
• Tracking of program costs and management of all payments and receipts.
• Assistance with ordering program materials in collaboration with the Education and Operations Manager, as needed.
• Supporting The KITCHEN’s Director, Associate Director, and Operations Manager as needed.
Program Execution Functions
• Execution of in-house culinary programming to the standards of The Trustees and BPM.
• Assisting guest chefs or programming partners with execution of programs in The KITCHEN.
• Execution of catering and private events to the standards of The Trustees and BPM.
• Managing hired culinary or service staff at The KITCHEN.
• Maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety in both the back and front of the house kitchens.
• Upholding high standards of customer service, including greeting every customer, educating them about The KITCHEN and The Trustees and helping them in a friendly manner.
• Managing the POS system including event tickets and sales.
• Performing opening and closing duties.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree
• Food Safety Certification (Servsafe) or willingness to obtain certification, if needed
• Background check required.
• Quick learner; able to function and act independently
• Able to work well with people in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrated experience in oral communication, persuasive writing, and training staff.
• Demonstrated ability to manage many deadlines, tasks, and relationships.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage projects and workflow, using time and resources effectively.
• High regard for teamwork, collegiality, customer service and visitor experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sarah Moser, email@example.com.