Rainforest Trust Communications Officer
From ENVS alumn Ethan Freedman, Senior Media Production Officer at Rainforest Trust
Rainforest Trust is hiring a Communications Officer to write, edit and craft the organization’s written content and publications. Feel to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
The award winning Communications and Outreach Team at Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced Communications Officer to lead the development and execution of the organization’s news. Rainforest Trust purchases and protects threatened tropical habitats to save endangered wildlife through local partnerships and community engagement, and a core focus of the organization is the production and distribution of content that promotes this mission. This position reports to the Conservation Outreach Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage production of publications such as newsletters and annual reports.
- Work collaboratively to craft and edit engaging and informative content about our work, such as articles, emails, presentations, news releases and blog posts.
- Create, edit and manage content for publications such as the annual report, paper appeals and newsletters.
- Develop content to reach new audiences to be published on our website and shared across social media.
- Establish and manage workflow for creating, editing and publishing content from partners.
- Edit and proof materials as required; ensure consistency of message.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in communications, media relations, journalism or related field preferred.
- Strong news sense, knowledge of the media, and experience managing media.
- Be highly team-oriented and collaborative.
- A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation.
- Ability to independently manage multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven journalistic writing skills.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. nonprofit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 20 million acres across over 50 countries at over 125 project sites with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, writing samples and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.