City Sprouts Development Intern
Winter/Spring Development & Events Intern
10-15 hours/week for a 4-month period
Compensation: this is an unpaid position with school credit when applicable
Start date: January 2020
The CitySprouts mission is to cultivate wonder for all children with hands-on learning through urban gardening. Since 2001, CitySprouts has been partnering with public elementary and middle schools in Boston and Cambridge to open the door to hands-on science education through the schoolyard learning garden. Our in-school and out-of-school time programs reach thousands of children from preschool through middle school years to level the learning field for children growing up in economically stressed neighborhoods, for English language learners and for students with differing abilities. Of our 21 school partners, 80% are Title 1 schools.
CitySprouts is a non-profit organization registered with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Public Charities.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Solicit in-kind donations from local businesses in Cambridge and Boston to support CitySprouts’ annual fundraising gala, Dig It!
- Support logistics associated with Dig It!, including communicating with venue and vendors, invitation mailings, maintaining auction spreadsheets and online descriptions
- Support CitySprouts social media with shareable content on Facebook and Twitter
- Assist at the event on the evening of April 2, 2020
- Opportunity to assist with volunteer events to see CitySprouts programming in action
- Opportunity to learn more about nonprofit fundraisingOpportunity to learn more about social media, marketing, and development and to attend additional applicable CitySprouts events and programs
Training and Supervision:
The Communication & Development Manager will provide ongoing supervision. As necessary, training will be provided for the following tools: Salesforce, WordPress, Constant Contact, Google Suite, Squarespace.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be reliable
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrate an interest in learning development and communication skills
Email a resume and cover letter to Alexandra Lennon-Simon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include the words “Development & Events Intern” in the subject line.
Applications will be acknowledged when they are received; all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.