Volpe Center 2020 Pathways Internship Program
The U.S. Department of Transportation Volpe Center is now accepting applications for our 2020 Pathways Internship Program. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders to help transform transportation systems, programs, and policies. We encourage students to apply for the internship position that best fits their experience and interest. As an intern they will work on topics ranging from emerging technologies to resilience and safety at the federal, state, and local levels. We are a passionate group looking for energetic individuals interested in public service to join us as we work with sister agencies in U.S. DOT, international organizations, federal land management agencies, and others to plan the next generation of transportation systems and programs. See more information about the Volpe Center and what it’s like to work here.
Volpe is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse workforce where employees feel valued for their unique backgrounds and qualities and have a sense of belonging and engagement in helping to advance transportation for the public good.
- There is one application link for all of the internships. During the “apply now” process you will be asked to identify which positions you wish to apply to.
- Apply at this link by November 13: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549816400
- Apply early. Applications will be accepted on usajobs.gov until November 13.
- Give detail. Provide a descriptive resume; explain your experience.
- Be thorough. Include all transcripts past and present.
- Be current. Provide proof of fall 2019 school enrollment.
Pathways positions are expected to begin May 2020. However, applications will be accepted for a limited number of positions available as early as January 2020. Learn more about Pathways. For more application tips, read Tips on Applying Online to Department of Transportation Jobs.