Amir Farmer Job Description
Amir Farmers are a diverse group of passionate leaders who work to cultivate today’s youth to change tomorrow. Serving as garden-educators during the summer, they are at the center of the Amir program, building productive gardens and farms with campers, and using the garden space to teach about issues of environmental and social justice.
Amir is seeking applicants that will be directly responsible for implementing its program at one of the organization’s partner camps. Amir Farmers will be trained and build bonds with staff working at these camps across the US and Canada at the annual training seminar in late May. At this training, Farmers will learn all aspects of building a community garden, as well as how to use Amir’s Garden Manual & Curriculum to run programming for campers of all ages. Throughout the summer, Amir Farmers will be full staff members at their camp in addition to their garden responsibilities.
- Cultivate gardens with participating campers
- Lead garden-based activities and educational programs for campers of all ages
- Daily garden maintenance and care
- Participate in weekly oversight meetings with Amir Mentors
- Participate in daily animal husbandry and care (if applicable to your camp)
- Act as an enthusiastic and active member of the camp community
- Key Characteristics:
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Mentoring and education experience
- Passionate about food justice and environmental stewardship
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty!
Camp salary is competitive and consummate with experience
Transportation, room & board included
Amir Training Seminar: Last week in May
Camp: mid-June to mid-August, varies slightly by camp
For more information about the position, please contact Recruitment
Coordinator Max Hill: Max@amirproject.org.