Project Coordinator – The Lexicon of Sustainability (Apply by September 15)
The ideal candidate will have education in the following areas:
– people and program management
– training in diversity equity and inclusion (DEI)
– knowledge of food system and sustainability terms and topics
– knowledge of professional email protocols and business writing
Compensation: The rate for this position starts at $25 per hour for 15-25 hours per week. Payment is detailed in the contract agreement that will be shared among interviewees.
Benefits: N/A for this part-time, six-month position.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will remain open until September 15, 2022.
– The Project Coordinator is tasked with representing and supporting the team on video calls.
– Contribute to a solution-focused culture. It is the Coordinator’s shared responsibility with the entire team to elevate constraints/root causes, barriers, and bottlenecks and to foster a safe and respectful work environment.
– Work fluidly in Google Suite systems (docs, calendar, and meet) to ensure teams consistently surface concerns or improvement opportunities and enact mitigating strategies to resolve issues timely and effectively.
– Meet regularly with the team leader and weekly with the Director to support the work and escalate any issues.
– Work with team leader and Director to develop and monitor share outs and dashboards to meet performance goals.
– Ensure partnerships with key stakeholders are constructive and collaborative.
– Create a community-focused culture that permeates throughout the sprint.
– Drive efficiency and engagement throughout all value streams.
– Actively engage in continuous review of efficiency metrics to identify and scope optimization opportunities and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented projects.
– Develop and manage strategic partnerships, team building, and a sense of urgency and community to ensure that all members meet objectives.
This remote, six-month, part-time engagement runs from September 20, 2022 – March 20, 2023.
About the Lexicon of Sustainability
The Lexicon of Sustainability is a US-based NGO that leads international storytelling initiatives and builds interactive tools that raise awareness and present solutions for the food system.
The Lexicon of Sustainability is committed to building a culturally diverse, skill-based team and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color regardless of certifications or university degrees.