iPads for Education Pilot
Use of mobile devices & applications for teaching & learning in higher education is an area of significant & rapid growth, as are collaborative applications & cloud-based computing (Horizon Report, 2012, 2011, 2010). TTS’s Educational and Scholarly Serviced group (ESTS) is working on a set of initiatives designed to partner with the Tufts community in this fast-moving arena and this ipad pilot is an important component of that.
Spring 2014 – Course-based iPad loans to faculty & students
Currently not accepting new proposals for this semester.
- iPad Pilot Getting Started Guide – Initial apps to consider for teaching & learning (1pg, PDF)
- iPad Pilot First Event on iPad Possibilities (3pg, PDF)
- Options for Projecting from the iPad in Tufts Classrooms (1pg, PDF)
- Two Approaches to Delivering Engaging Presentations from the iPad (1pg, PDF)
- Social Media Toolkit for Mitigating Electoral Violence in Africa, Dr. Pearl Robinson, Political Science, Tufts University (Resources/worksheets in PDF)
- Using iPad-Based Clickers for Active Learning, Dr. Timothy Atherton, Physics, Tufts University (step-by-step instructions in PDF)
- Referencing Quantitative Information on the iPad (1pg, PDF)
- Watch a video “Learning by Touch: Tufts Students Using the iPad” featured on TLR Innovations
- TLR Article on Fall 2012 Faculty Event about the Fall 2012 pilot