There are no Fletcher classes today or tomorrow while students are visiting Washington, DC for the annual career trip. A couple of weeks ago, the director of the Office of Career Services, Phillip McMullen, sent us a preview of the many different activities students could choose from. Here’s how he described the trip for his colleagues.
Hi All –
My great team has pulled together another winning DC Career Trip, which is two weeks away. We closed registration last night and I thought I would share a few statistics.
- A total of 67 events over the two days:
- 9 Panels
- 3 Affinity Group Events
- 24 Site Visits
- 30 Alumni Lunches
- 1 Alumni-Student Reception (250 students/250 alumni)
- 1, 440 — total seating capacity across all events, excluding the reception
- 320 participating students
- 160+ alumni speakers/hosts, excluding the reception
- Some new additions this year:
- National Security/White House Tour/Briefing
- DM&E Roundtable
Staff members who will be in DC are welcome to join us at the reception. A cozy gathering of 500 enthusiastic Fletcherites.
Tagged with: Career
Archives by Date
TagsApplication Boston Boston Marathon Business competitions Capstone Career CIERP Coffee Hours Commencement Community Conferences Cool stuff! deadlines Dean Stavridis Dear Ariel decisions Diane DME Early Notification Essays Faculty Spotlight First-Year Alumni Five-Year Updates Fletcher Forum Ginn Library GRE IBGC Internships Interviews ISSP Liam MIB OCS On the road Outside the classroom Paying for Grad School PhD Professors suggest Recommendations Roxanne Social List Student Stories thesis waitlist World Peace Foundation