Paper cuts and thanks!

Despite some technical glitches, a sleepless night for Christine, and just a wee bit of frenzy, yesterday afternoon we released decisions on all applications that were complete.  All the packets were assembled (thus the paper cuts) and shipped out, and will reach admitted applicants as soon as the mail will carry them.

It’s my custom, on the day after decisions are released, to do two things.  First, I want to thank you for reading the blog.  Although comments on the posts are rare, I’m fortunate that now and then I’ll hear that the blog was a good source of information on Fletcher and the application process.  I enjoy writing, and I thank those who enjoy reading what I’ve written.

Next, I want to speak directly to those applicants who were not admitted this year.  I hope you will gain admission to another graduate school that suits your goals but, if you decide not to enroll in another program, please take advantage of our offer of feedback on your application.  Contact us after May 1 with your request and we’ll get back to you with comments.  A great number of the applicants who are not admitted to Fletcher in a given year could be competitive applicants in the future, following a few changes to their profile.  Note that the best time for requesting feedback will be this spring, and not directly before your next application — you’ll want to give yourself time to act on any suggestions.

To applicants who were offered a place on the waitlist:  I’m sorry that we’re dragging out the process still further for you.  We’ll be providing information soon to help you make your decision on whether to remain on the waitlist.

To applicants who were admitted:  Congratulations!!

Hard as it may be to believe, much of the real work of your graduate school planning process is still in front of you.  That is, you’ve sweated over your applications; you’ve stressed while waiting for your decisions; but now you need to select the program that best matches your academic and career objectives.  You have a little over five weeks to gather information about Fletcher and the other schools to which you have been admitted, and then to make a well-considered decision on where to attend graduate school.  We’ll do our part to provide you with details by mail and other media, along with opportunities to visit the School, in order to help in your decision making.  And the Admissions Blog will continue to supply information about our wonderful community and rich intellectual environment.

Speaking for everyone on the Admissions Staff, we encourage you to learn as much as you can before making a final decision.  We welcome your questions!  And, congratulations, once again, on your admission!

2 thoughts on “Paper cuts and thanks!

• March 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm
    Permalink

Thank you, Héctor! I’m glad you’ve found the blog to be useful. Best of luck as you make your grad school plans.
    Jessica

• March 14, 2014 at 2:06 pm
    Permalink

This blog has been really useful, and a good place to go to when pre-results anxiety kicks in. Thank you for your efforts. =)