Farewell to Januarians!

This has been a nice week, but not a productive week for blogging.  One thing or another got in the way of my pulling together some meaningful posts.  And now it’s that happy day in the fall semester when the MALD/MA Admissions Committee will first meet, leaving me no time for a lengthy post today, either.  I have high hopes for next week.

Today’s Admissions Committee meeting will bring the students, professors, and staff reading MALD and MA applications together for the first time.  All the students have read a nice batch of applications, but hearing the perspectives of others will broaden their perspectives.  Same for the faculty members.

In case you’re wondering, the MIB and LLM committees meet separately and, I think, may even have met already this week.

On the very same day when we will take the earliest steps toward admitting the incoming class for September, we’ll be saying farewell to the Januarians who started at Fletcher in January 2016.  Though they still have finals in front of them, a ceremony this afternoon will recognize this tight-knit class.  There are some active members of the community in this group, and we’ll miss them.  Here they are, with the dean.

Now I’m going to grab the coffee we’ll serve to keep everyone perky during the four-hour discussion, and I’ll head over to the meeting.  Committee meetings are an absolute highlight of my work, and I’m looking forward to jumping right in.