Can you imagine what a Martian would think of Boston these days? Between Halloween here at the epicenter of the holiday — Salem, Massachusetts — and the delightful craziness of the Red Sox Nation, it is all getting pretty hard to explain.
Here at The Fletcher School, where we have students from over 60 nations attending classes, the non-US ones are a bit perplexed to say the least. But all can agree it is a festive time for the community to be pulling together after a World Series win and a popular holiday colliding.
Boston Strong indeed, although to our international students, it must be Boston Strange this week … Go BoSOX, World Champions!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Roundup Week of July 26th: Turkey Does Not Have to Defend Its Borders Alone
- “Why Fletcher?” with Maria Stephan (MALD ’02, PhD ’05) and David Aldama Navarrete (MIB ’15)
- Media Roundup Week of July 19: Circumnavigating the Headlines from Turkey to Iran to China to Cuba
- Media Roundup Week of July 12: Err on the Side of Caution with Iran Deal
- Fletcher Launches Partnership with D.C.-based Think Tank Atlantic Council