Can you imagine what a Martian would think of Boston these days? Between Halloween here at the epicenter of the holiday — Salem, Massachusetts — and the delightful craziness of the Red Sox Nation, it is all getting pretty hard to explain.
Here at The Fletcher School, where we have students from over 60 nations attending classes, the non-US ones are a bit perplexed to say the least. But all can agree it is a festive time for the community to be pulling together after a World Series win and a popular holiday colliding.
Boston Strong indeed, although to our international students, it must be Boston Strange this week … Go BoSOX, World Champions!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Dean’s Video: December 2014: Year in Review
- In Memoriam: Alfred P. Rubin
- That Pivotal Moment I Chose Fletcher: The Washington Times Reviews “The Accidental Admiral”
- A Few Words of Advice for Ashton Carter, Obama’s Pick for Secretary of Defense
- Responding to Tuesday’s Attacks in Israel: My Interview with Lou Dobbs