We held a terrific send-off for a brilliant professor and colleague, William Moomaw, last week. Bill taught here for 21 years and was a co-winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his work on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report. Bill will continue to be associated with Fletcher, but he wants well-deserved time with children and grand-children. Fair winds and following seas to a fine teacher and mentor to a generation of Fletcher students.
Read more about Bill’s many contributions to Fletcher and to the world’s understanding of global climate change.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Fighting ISIS Will Take US Troops on the Ground to Aid Iraqi Security Forces
- The Guardian: How to Dismantle ISIS
- The Relevance of NATO: “Facing Michael”
- NATO Needs Strong Policy Against Cyber Threats
- Video Update: August 2014, Interview Professor Eileen Babbitt, Director of the International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Program