We held a terrific send-off for a brilliant professor and colleague, William Moomaw, last week. Bill taught here for 21 years and was a co-winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his work on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report. Bill will continue to be associated with Fletcher, but he wants well-deserved time with children and grand-children. Fair winds and following seas to a fine teacher and mentor to a generation of Fletcher students.
Read more about Bill’s many contributions to Fletcher and to the world’s understanding of global climate change.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- “Valedictory Musings” from our Dear Friend and Retired Professor John Curtis Perry
- Roundup of Media from the Week: Putin Hiding Deaths of Russian Troops, China Expands its Navy, and the Battle Against ISIS Continues
- Media Roundup: The Fall of Ramadi
- Deans Video: May 2015: Sulmaan Khan’s “Muslim, Trader, Nomad, Spy”
- My Interview on Bloomberg Surveillance