It’s an exciting day here at The Fletcher School and at Tufts, where we are proud to welcome retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal. A powerful advocate for a national civilian service program, Gen. McChrystal is here to help us kick off Tufts 1+4, a new bridge-year program offered through the Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service designed to provide undergraduates the opportunity to pursue a year of full-time service before beginning four years of undergraduate study.
At the graduate level, we offer something at Fletcher called “Map Your Future.” Like the Tufts 1+4 bridge-year program, Map Your Future encourages professional development and career exploration while guaranteeing a position in a future class. This highly selective program is open to students who are in their final year of undergraduate study, and admitted applicants are guaranteed a place in Fletcher’s MALD or MIB degree program after completing two to three years of professional work experience in a Fletcher-approved position.
Each Fletcher student is a work of art, a bespoke good created of their unique professional experiences, academic pursuits and individual interest. In this way, Map Your Future furthers Fletcher’s long standing tradition of preparing its graduates for international leadership by supporting this journey of exploration between their undergraduate and graduate years.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- A Guide to Getting U.S. Foreign Policy Back on Track February 24, 2017
- Navigating Choppy Seas February 17, 2017
- Preserving Truth in Journalism February 10, 2017
- Testing Our Principles February 3, 2017
- Foreign-Policy Challenges Bearing Down on Trump Administration January 29, 2017
- From Crisis to Calling: A Conversation with Sasha Chanoff (F04) January 19, 2017
- A Busy Week on Capitol Hill January 13, 2017
- A Conversation with Prof. Elizabeth Prodromou January 6, 2017
- Sanctioning Russia January 4, 2017
- Moving Forward in a Precarious World December 28, 2016