Here is a lovely note from the President of Estonia to the President of Tufts University, commenting on his visit and speech to The Fletcher School. He says:

“what can compare to the chance to speak at The Fletcher School where the listeners were among the most sophisticated and knowledgeable foreign and security policy people I have ever addressed?”

Such a kind comment and epitomizes why I give thanks this year to be the Dean of The Fletcher School here at a world-class university like Tufts!

Letter IlvesThank you letter from President Ilves.
Photo insert: President Monaco (left) greets Estonian President Ilves.

Watch my interview with President Ilves, a world-renown expert on cyber. Then, check out our some of our past and upcoming events on the topic:

• October 2013: Google Ideas Summit panel Beyond Software: The Future of Conflict
  • December 7, 2013: I’ll be giving the keynote address Sailing the Cyber Seas at the The 11th Annual Fletcher School London Symposium.
  • January 2014: I’ve been invited to moderate a discussion on warfare and diplomacy in the digital age at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
  • March 2014: A group of first-rate Fletcher alumni — including Farah Pandith, US Special Representative to Muslim Communities; Joshua Haynes, an expert on development and internet freedom at the USAID; and myself — will participate in a panel on Foreign Policy in the Digital Age at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin, TX.
  • Spring 2014 (TBA): Jared Cohen, Director, Google Ideas and Adjunct Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations will join us at The Fletcher School in Medford, MA, for a discussion on the new digital age.
  • Spring 2014 (TBA): We’re thrilled to welcome Peter Singer, Director, Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence, Brookings Institution to Medford to talk about his upcoming book on cyber.