Here is a lovely note from the President of Estonia to the President of Tufts University, commenting on his visit and speech to The Fletcher School. He says:
“what can compare to the chance to speak at The Fletcher School where the listeners were among the most sophisticated and knowledgeable foreign and security policy people I have ever addressed?”
Such a kind comment and epitomizes why I give thanks this year to be the Dean of The Fletcher School here at a world-class university like Tufts!
Thank you letter from President Ilves.
Photo insert: President Monaco (left) greets Estonian President Ilves.
Watch my interview with President Ilves, a world-renown expert on cyber. Then, check out our some of our past and upcoming events on the topic:
- October 2013: Google Ideas Summit panel Beyond Software: The Future of Conflict
- December 7, 2013: I’ll be giving the keynote address Sailing the Cyber Seas at the The 11th Annual Fletcher School London Symposium.
- January 2014: I’ve been invited to moderate a discussion on warfare and diplomacy in the digital age at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- March 2014: A group of first-rate Fletcher alumni — including Farah Pandith, US Special Representative to Muslim Communities; Joshua Haynes, an expert on development and internet freedom at the USAID; and myself — will participate in a panel on Foreign Policy in the Digital Age at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin, TX.
- Spring 2014 (TBA): Jared Cohen, Director, Google Ideas and Adjunct Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations will join us at The Fletcher School in Medford, MA, for a discussion on the new digital age.
- Spring 2014 (TBA): We’re thrilled to welcome Peter Singer, Director, Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence, Brookings Institution to Medford to talk about his upcoming book on cyber.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Round Up Week of Feb. 7: How the U.S. Can Help Asia Avoid War, Advance the Caribbean and Close its “Icebreaker Gap”
- Media Round Up Week of Jan 31: Syria Talks Need Senior Leaders and the Pentagon Spending Battle
- Media Round Up Week of Jan 24: U.S. Must Support a Unified Europe
- Dean’s Video: January 2016 – Top Six Book Picks of 2015 and #FletcherReads “Eleven Days”
- Media Round Up Week of Jan 17: Iran’s Aggression Reaches New Heights
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013