Here is a lovely note from the President of Estonia to the President of Tufts University, commenting on his visit and speech to The Fletcher School. He says:
“what can compare to the chance to speak at The Fletcher School where the listeners were among the most sophisticated and knowledgeable foreign and security policy people I have ever addressed?”
Such a kind comment and epitomizes why I give thanks this year to be the Dean of The Fletcher School here at a world-class university like Tufts!
Thank you letter from President Ilves.
Photo insert: President Monaco (left) greets Estonian President Ilves.
Watch my interview with President Ilves, a world-renown expert on cyber. Then, check out our some of our past and upcoming events on the topic:
- October 2013: Google Ideas Summit panel Beyond Software: The Future of Conflict
- December 7, 2013: I’ll be giving the keynote address Sailing the Cyber Seas at the The 11th Annual Fletcher School London Symposium.
- January 2014: I’ve been invited to moderate a discussion on warfare and diplomacy in the digital age at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- March 2014: A group of first-rate Fletcher alumni — including Farah Pandith, US Special Representative to Muslim Communities; Joshua Haynes, an expert on development and internet freedom at the USAID; and myself — will participate in a panel on Foreign Policy in the Digital Age at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin, TX.
- Spring 2014 (TBA): Jared Cohen, Director, Google Ideas and Adjunct Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations will join us at The Fletcher School in Medford, MA, for a discussion on the new digital age.
- Spring 2014 (TBA): We’re thrilled to welcome Peter Singer, Director, Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence, Brookings Institution to Medford to talk about his upcoming book on cyber.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Roundup Week of July 19: Circumnavigating the Headlines from Turkey to Iran to China to Cuba
- Media Roundup Week of July 12: Err on the Side of Caution with Iran Deal
- Fletcher Launches Partnership with D.C.-based Think Tank Atlantic Council
- “Why Fletcher?” From the Security Studies Classroom to a Career in Journalism w/ NYT’s Thom Shanker
- Media Roundup Week of July 5: Grexit Could Cause NATO Issues