Currently viewing the tag: "Fletcher at 80"
Continue Reading →
Editor’s Note: The following piece will be published in a Special Anniversary Issue of The Fletcher Forum of World Affairs in September 2013.
In Indian folklore, an 80th birthday is not simply a cause for reflection and celebration—it is a life-affirming achievement: after all, a thousand moons have come and gone. The 80th celebration [...]
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Dean’s Video: December 2014: Year in Review
- In Memoriam: Alfred P. Rubin
- That Pivotal Moment I Chose Fletcher: The Washington Times Reviews “The Accidental Admiral”
- A Few Words of Advice for Ashton Carter, Obama’s Pick for Secretary of Defense
- Responding to Tuesday’s Attacks in Israel: My Interview with Lou Dobbs