The Eisenhower Memorial Commissions has just launched the second of seven Pivotal Moments films honoring U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the founding Supreme Allied Commander at NATO. This interactive “e-memorial” was designed to give K-12 students an accessible means to explore his many contributions and his legacy of global peace and security in the 20th and 21st century.
But I think audiences of all ages will find it to be a compelling reminder that security is created by bridges, not by walls.
During my time as SACEUR, I had the pleasure of contributing my reflections on this important world leader in an interview that appears at the end of the video. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed participating in it.
Please click the blue play button under “NATO: A Coalition United for Peace” to watch the video.
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Roundup Week of June 28: Deadline Iran and Greece
- Media Roundup Week of June 21: the U.S., NATO and Russia, continued…
- Dean’s Video: June 2015: Fletcher Commencement & Reunion Weekend
- Media Roundup Week of June 14: Should the U.S. Move Heavy Weaponry to Eastern Europe?
- Foreign Policy: What Russian Literature Tells Us About Vladimir Putin’s World