Today, I’m speaking to you from the Ginn Library. This was one of my favorites places to come when I was studying for my P.h.D, almost 30 years ago! Perhaps it was your favorite, too.
This month I have a lot of exciting announcements to punctuate a very busy end-of-semester season at Fletcher: the first virtual book club event for the global Fletcher community, the launch of a new student-run academic journal, and two very exciting visitors coming in 2014. Please watch:
Here is a snapshot of just a few events we are looking forward to:
- Best-selling author and geopolitical analyst Robert D. Kaplan will participate in a discussion of his latest book, “The Revenge of Geography: What the Map Tells Us About Coming Conflicts and the Battle Against Fate” on Thursday, January 23, 2014. The event will be live-streamed at: http://fletcher.tufts.edu/book-club. Instructions for submitting questions via social media will follow.
- Dr. Mowaffak Baker al Rubaie a distinguished Iraqi statesman and policymaker and former national security advisor, will join us in early 2014 as statesman-in-residence, engaging faculty and students in discussions around events in the region.
- In Fall 2014, Dr. Mohamed ElBaradei, director general emeritus of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and co-recipient of the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize, will join Fletcher as Nobel-Laureate-in-Residence.
- A new student-led academic journal “The Fletcher Security Review,” will launch December 20, 2013 at www.FletcherSecurity.org.
Thanks for watching and see you next month!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Foreign Policy: China’s 3,000-Acre Aircraft Carriers Could Change the Balance of Power in the Pacific
- Dean’s Video: Sept 2015: “Why Fletcher?” General Joseph Dunford (MA ’92) on His Path to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
- Media Roundup Sept 13: U.S. Needs to Be Doing More in Syrian Migrant Crisis
- Media Roundup Week of Sept 6: U.S. Must Do All It Can to Aid Syrian Crisis; Plus the Future of Guantanamo, and the Bio Revolution
- “Why Fletcher?” Small Program Size Creates Big Opportunities, LLM Graduate Joel El-Qalqili
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013