Happy New Year to everyone in the Fletcher community!
On this icy cold day here in Boston, I’m speaking to you from the Hall of Flags. I hope that our Fletcher alumni community is watching this video from someplace warmer! As we start off the new semester, I’m pleased to be able to tell you that we have a group of distinguished visitors that will be coming to Fletcher this semester. They are:
- Dr. Mowaffak Baker al Rubaie, an Iraqi statesman and policymaker and former national security advisor;
- Dr. Harsha Vardhana Singh, former Deputy Director-General (DDG) at World Trade Organization;
- Ambassador Klaus Scharioth, former German Ambassador to the US and;
- The Honorable Mikheil Saakashvili, former president of the Republic of Georgia
We are looking forward to their contributions this coming year.
In addition, I’d like to take the opportunity to remind everyone about the opportunity to participate in a new initiative called “Fletcher Reads,” in which the global Fletcher community will come together to discuss a work of non-fiction with the author. We’re looking forward to welcoming best-selling author and my good friend Robert Kaplan for a discussion of his latest book, “The Revenge of Geography” here on January 23. No matter where you are in the world, if you have an internet connection you can still submit questions and watch the live web stream.
Please watch for the rest of my announcements. We have a lot of exciting trips planned and hope to catch you at one of them.:
Thanks for watching and see you next month!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Media Round Up Week of Nov 15 : It’s Time for Hard Power Against the Islamic State
- Media Round Up Week of Nov 8: Tragedy in Paris
- Media Round Up Week of Nov 1: Syrian Ghosts and the Lessons of the Balkans
- Media Roundup Week of Oct 25: Vienna Talks on Syria, Tensions in the South China Sea, and Russian Activity Near US Data Cables
- Media Roundup Week of Oct 18: Russia in Syria, US Strategy in the Middle East, and the Role of Cyber in the Impending Iran Deal
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013