Happy New Year to everyone in the Fletcher community!
On this icy cold day here in Boston, I’m speaking to you from the Hall of Flags. I hope that our Fletcher alumni community is watching this video from someplace warmer! As we start off the new semester, I’m pleased to be able to tell you that we have a group of distinguished visitors that will be coming to Fletcher this semester. They are:
- Dr. Mowaffak Baker al Rubaie, an Iraqi statesman and policymaker and former national security advisor;
- Dr. Harsha Vardhana Singh, former Deputy Director-General (DDG) at World Trade Organization;
- Ambassador Klaus Scharioth, former German Ambassador to the US and;
- The Honorable Mikheil Saakashvili, former president of the Republic of Georgia
We are looking forward to their contributions this coming year.
In addition, I’d like to take the opportunity to remind everyone about the opportunity to participate in a new initiative called “Fletcher Reads,” in which the global Fletcher community will come together to discuss a work of non-fiction with the author. We’re looking forward to welcoming best-selling author and my good friend Robert Kaplan for a discussion of his latest book, “The Revenge of Geography” here on January 23. No matter where you are in the world, if you have an internet connection you can still submit questions and watch the live web stream.
Please watch for the rest of my announcements. We have a lot of exciting trips planned and hope to catch you at one of them.:
Thanks for watching and see you next month!
Dean Stavridis with his basset hound, Lilly.
Dean James Stavridis is the 12th leader of The Fletcher School since its founding in 1933. A retired Admiral in the U.S. Navy, he led the NATO Alliance in global operations from 2009 to 2013 as Supreme Allied Commander.
- Cyber Attacks and the Fallout from Trump’s Russian Tête-à-Tête: This Week in the News May 18, 2017
- Mr. Stavridis Goes to Washington May 12, 2017
- Introducing Fletcher’s Center for Strategic Studies & Professor Monica Duffy Toft May 5, 2017
- A Conversation with Maria Kristensen (F02), 2017 Fletcher Women’s Leadership Award Winner April 28, 2017
- What Can You Do With a Fletcher Education? April 21, 2017
- A U.S. Foreign Policy Reset April 14, 2017
- Dealing with Dictatorships April 7, 2017
- Why Fletcher? March 31, 2017
- On Reading and Leading March 24, 2017
- Don’t Make Diplomacy the “Missing Man” in Our Foreign Policy Formation March 20, 2017